•  

Thread: Check Engine Light Comes on Car Shakes and wont go past 10 Miles Per Hour

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Check Engine Light Comes on Car Shakes and wont go past 10 Miles Per Hour

Check Engine Light Comes on Car Shakes and wont go past 10 Miles Per Hour. I shut the car off and wait for like 5 to 10 minutes, start it up again and light stays on but car runs great. After a few days the light goes off and stays off for a week or more that the cycle repeats all over again. I have new plugs and coil. It's s 2009 AveoLT with 50,000 Miles. Please help

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Sounds like"limp in mode" have you checked the code represented by the engine light?

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by DJJOEY1976 View Post
      Check Engine Light Comes on Car Shakes and wont go past 10 Miles Per Hour. I shut the car off and wait for like 5 to 10 minutes, start it up again and light stays on but car runs great. After a few days the light goes off and stays off for a week or more that the cycle repeats all over again. I have new plugs and coil. It's s 2009 AveoLT with 50,000 Miles. Please help
      Hello DJJOEY1976,

We're sorry to learn that you're having concerns with your 2009 Aveo! Have you made your servicing dealership aware of this issue? We'd be more than happy to look into this situation further and contact your preferred dealership on your behalf. If this is something of interest, please send us a private message with your VIN, contact information, mileage, and preferred dealership.

We look forward to your response.

Jasmine F
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Thats for the response Justice. I went to Advanced Auto and they look into the code. I don't remember the number, however they told me it is showing the Throttle Position Sensor. Where is that even located and how do I change it?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Im not sure as I've only had my aveo for a few weeks. But some simple research should point you in the right direction. Have you purchased a DIY repair manual such as Chilton or Haines? Those are a great source or information.

Thanks
      If you got a throttle body position sensor code you're probably going to need a new throttle body assembly. It is sold as one unit and its known to be a part that can go bad.

Thanks
      Is it easy to replace? Where is it located? Do you have pictures? Thank you

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Before hanging on any parts, I would first try to clean the throttle body with sensor-safe throttle body cleaner, and the tip of the TPS which is located inside of it. Best to remove the TB in order to do the most comprehensive cleaning.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by DJJOEY1976 View Post
      Thats for the response Justice. I went to Advanced Auto and they look into the code. I don't remember the number, however they told me it is showing the Throttle Position Sensor. Where is that even located and how do I change it?
      Hello DJJOEY1976,

Since we're not trained technicians, we're unable to provide any technical assistance. Nonetheless, if you can send your VIN in a private message, we'd be happy to consult with our internal resources to obtain the part number for the throttle position sensor. Let us know if this something that interests you!

All the best,

Jasmine F
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      The throttle body is the next metal bit inline after the rubber hose that connects to the airbox. I've circled where it is on the picture below:

Name:  G3Int1.jpg
Views: 7085
Size:  112.2 KB

It looks like this:

Name:  $_35.JPG
Views: 2575
Size:  14.2 KB