•  

Thread: Carkit problems aveo 2011

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Carkit problems aveo 2011

Hi all,
      My mum got herself a new aveo about a month ago.
      When she bought the car her cellphone (nokia 6300) didn't work with the carkit that comes with the car (it's contained in the radio system, it uses the same display e.t.c.). Her contacts were not imported to the carkit.

The dealer said that this would be no major problem, because in the end they'd always manage to get it to work.
      When she took a newly shipped car home it still didn't work. Aftersales of the garage were a joke... so she ended up calling to the garage repeadedly. After a while she received a list of phones that were guaranteed to work with the carkit. Those were all very old nokia's and samsungs that werent even available at the stores anymore.

So she decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy phone on my advice, I figuered that Chevrolet would be smart enough to make a Galaxy phone work with their carkits... but unfortunately no... it still didn't work. Contacts were imported, yes... but when one tries to call the contact the carkit says: "no phone number found" despite the fact that this number is definately there on the phone

My own LG optimus 7 could be found by the carkit and it could connect, but that's it. It doesn't recognise my phone as a phone at all... where the nokia 6300 at least could receive an incoming call via the carkit...

The only phone that seems to work correctly is my dad's BlackBerry 9000.

So, I whonder if any of you have a clue of what to do next? Is this a known problem with the new aveo?

(For the sake of clarity, I'm talking about the standard carkit that comes with the Aveo. This carkit is built-in. It uses the same screen as the radio in the picture. So it is not something like a parrot that was added to the car, but standard equipment.)

Attached Images Attached Images  

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      my question is, that is not an aveo dash in the states, it this the "new" aveo?

I don't believe the US had the car kits available like you do, it uses the USB on the front of the radio?

The thing i can suggest, is the european market phone systems vary from the us, and asia (from my understanding). Being Blackberry is the one that uses a world wide system so to speak, I can see why it works. That said though, since the US doesnt have the radios with the usb anyhow, this sounds like typical technology not keeping up with itself, compatibility issues.

I would be searching for a firmware update, or maybe there is a way you can "Steal" your phone from another model and add it to the list in the aveo. But you would be needing some sort of programmer and such to do so.