•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Pulls Left

Geo
      I'll keep it and add a turbo Geo's Avatar
      Thanks

Car Pulls Left

Since purchasing a 09 Focus a couple months back, I haven't really driven my Aveo, but a recent trip I took to gas her up I noticed that she pulls to the left. Of course I googled the problem and It said the obvious (Alignment) and I recently had one, but someone told me it could be a tie rod?

Have any of you guys had that problem and it wasn't because you needed an alignment?

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      It's because you are now wooing a Focus, and your Aveo, (the poor neglected thing) she now feels jilted.

Maybe she pulled left before you left her?

Cars and women can be very temperamental...

Geo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      It's because you are now wooing a Focus, and your Aveo, (the poor neglected thing) she now feels jilted.

Maybe she pulled left before you left her?

Cars and women can be very temperamental...
      HA! I feel like such a trader. I was never a ford fan.... especially hated the focus, but I test drove it and it's more fun and techy!

I still love my Aveo seeing how I recently spent over 700 dollars on some repairs =]

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      to put it simply it still could be the allienment only takes a pot hole to knock it out bent track rod end is another posiblity or the sway link is a very minor possiblity easiest and more sure fire way of knowing is to take it to your local shop they will be easily able to see what it is if it's related to by the wheel

Geo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by marmite369 View Post
      to put it simply it still could be the allienment only takes a pot hole to knock it out bent track rod end is another posiblity or the sway link is a very minor possiblity easiest and more sure fire way of knowing is to take it to your local shop they will be easily able to see what it is if it's related to by the wheel
      Thanks man! I was planning on doing so. My mechanic who recently done worked on it noticed it and told me to bring it back. Just seeing if anyone had a related problem

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Mine has pulled left for years. The last set of tires lasted 50,000 miles so I don't worry about it much. When my bro-in-law had the car, his mechanics couldn't seem to align the thing. I was curious last month so I ran a tape measure across the wheels and it was was toed in 3/16 inch. I set it to toe-in 1/16 and it seems to bite the corners a little better. Still pulls (camber/caster are more known to cause a pull) I believe it has to do with the way the control arm bushings and upper strut bushings have just a little bit of slop. If I had the coin, I'd take it to a reputable guy and have camber, caster, toe, setback, offset, and thrust angle checked. I would also get a printout for my record if I wanted to try and get something fixed. In the end, I put up with my pull because the cost would outweigh what little benefit it provided.

Geo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by JusteR View Post
      Mine has pulled left for years. The last set of tires lasted 50,000 miles so I don't worry about it much. When my bro-in-law had the car, his mechanics couldn't seem to align the thing. I was curious last month so I ran a tape measure across the wheels and it was was toed in 3/16 inch. I set it to toe-in 1/16 and it seems to bite the corners a little better. Still pulls (camber/caster are more known to cause a pull) I believe it has to do with the way the control arm bushings and upper strut bushings have just a little bit of slop. If I had the coin, I'd take it to a reputable guy and have camber, caster, toe, setback, offset, and thrust angle checked. I would also get a printout for my record if I wanted to try and get something fixed. In the end, I put up with my pull because the cost would outweigh what little benefit it provided.
      Ah! I was afraid of an answer like that

Geo
      Thanks
      Update. I just came from the mechanic and he recommends an Alignment and tire balance. If I hear "Alignment" again I'll lose it! haha. I'm at my witts end and am thinking about just selling it. Can someone convince me not to and try to solve this?

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      don't sell it its a cheap eco car that's fun to drive. My steering wheel has been crooked since ive owned it. alignment is out of wack so what drive it till it falls off the road while you save money.

Geo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by classic67 View Post
      don't sell it its a cheap eco car that's fun to drive. My steering wheel has been crooked since ive owned it. alignment is out of wack so what drive it till it falls off the road while you save money.
      I wish I could, but its just something that eats away at me. It bothers me all the time and it's not even my primary car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast