•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't fix high idle problem

What's wrong with my car? Martin1971's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Eddievee View Post
      I would like to know if you found the solution to your problem
      Hi Eddievee
      I seem to have multiple problems that caused the problem. First the TPS sensor was broken. After replacing it, the problem returned. We found the Catconverter was blocked. I opened it from the bottom and removed the inner parts. I believe they make it from Titanium or some expensive metal. After a while it started again. I replaced the Lambda sensor. Some call it the Oxygen sensor. It's just above the Catalitic converter. After that all was sweet!!! So it seems there was a few things that failed and caused the problem. It's all fine now. Hope you get sorted.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Awesome! Thank you for the quick response! I've also changed the tps sensor, changed the IAC valve and cleaned the throttle body. I will now try to change the o2 sensor and have the converter checked. Thanks again!

Thanks
      Pleasure buddy. Please let us know if you got sorted.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Good day Daox, Petrified.Rabbit, Martin1971, MG admin and Aveo drivers with this similar issue/problem.

guys, i hope all is well. i have been facing the above said problen with my aveo 1.6 e-tec 2 auto trans. i have not found the cause or problem, i have replaced the TPS ( throttle position sensor ), Idle air contraol Valve and sensor, air temp Sensor, thermostat, and have removed and cleant the throttle body, to brand new standards. this allowed the vehicle to idle at 0.900 for roughly 2 to 3 days, before returnig to the usual high idle, and being an auto, it is difficult on the road, for many reasons. i have left the vehicle to warm up for over 30min and still high idle. started, switched off, and on again. tramped the gas pedal as hard as possible, everything. i even press the hold button to prevent accidents, but yet, i am sure it will damage the gearbox.

recently my vehicle stalled, whilst travelling, and had to bring the vehicle to a halt, inorder to restart.

the vehicle proceeded to do so, until i removed a thin air pipe sucking air from the vaccum ( im not too sure if is is a vaccuum) but it controls the butterfly flaps within the manifold, and i have blocked this pipe, which is now allowing the vehuicle to drive without stalling. this pipe runs from this "vacuum" to a cylndrical component against the firewall, which has a sensor, and another pipe, running to an inlet on the manifold.

i have had this vehicle diagnostically tested numerous times, and no faults are picked or shown. i have even replaced the entire plastic manifold, which the throttle body is connected to.

please, my questions are, if anyone can help, as i prefer to do my own repairs:

please please please

(1) what is the correct termonology for that cylnder with the black pipe controlling the vacuum for the butterfly flaps?

(2) could that cylinder be at fault, including the sensor?

(3) i know others have solved the same issue, but only for a length of time, but has anyone fixed the problem wihtout the high idle returnning?

(4) could the EGR ( exhaust gas reconciliator ) be a possible cause of the high idle issue ?

kind regards

red lemon

(as my aveo is red, and i think its a lemon)

Thanks
      Hi, try to remove the insides of the catalytic converter. Could be blocking the airflow. How much miles / km on the clock?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123