•  

Thread: Break light issues please help

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Brake light issues please help

Hello so I'm new here, yesterday I brought a 2005 kalos the exact same as aveo just in the UK. Stupid me forgot to check the brake lights as I got home I was told my right light was on and brake worked but my left light was on except always looking like its being pressed and won't show if I press my brake at all with the lights off.

my top light isn't working as well I have checked the bulbs and replaced both of them with brand new ones if anyone has any suggestions it'd be appreciated I looked at the fuses but not 100% sure of the one it would be.

Last edited by Howii; 06-12-2017 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Spelling of the word brake.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      First off...I hate electric stuff... but it sounds like a bad ground to me.
      In all things electric I always check fuses bulbs and then make sure the grounds have a good clean contact... but that's just me.

Thanks
      I have sort of fixed it have no idea how but the left brake light works not as bright as the right one but at least it shows.

My top light still won't work however looking closer at it theres a bulb missing so maybe they're linked?

Anyway I played with the fuses and there's a check engine light is there a manual way to get the engine code like a pedal sequence or will I need to drive an hour to my dads and pick up his obd reader?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      In the US the auto parts stores will usually read the code for free for you. I don't know if they will do that in the UK, but it might be worth checking to save you an hour drive.

Thanks
      I decided to bite my tongue and just go definitely do not regret it at all. Turns out it was catalyst system efficiency below threshold.

We cleared the code and didn't pop back up on the drive back that was mostly 70mph roads I think i may just given it a little too much revs when pulling off as the clutch is new for me compared to my old car.

Now all I need to do is fix the top brake light and the car will be good as new besides a broken fuel filler cap but used magnets to fix that.

Thanks

Brake light help

Hello. Raise your hood, remove cover from the fuse box. Look inside the fuse box cover. Turn the cover box the same way the fuses are. Look for brake lights. Use needle nose or fuse puller to pull fuse out and look to see if metal inside the fuse is burnt, if so, replace the fuse. There is a fuse box on the left side of dashboard. Open driver side door and remove the fuse box cover. Check for brake light fuse location on the fuse box cover, remove fuse and replace if burnt in the center. Hope that helps!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by No Bluff View Post
      Hello. Raise your hood, remove cover from the fuse box. Look inside the fuse box cover. Turn the cover box the same way the fuses are. Look for brake lights. Use needle nose or fuse puller to pull fuse out and look to see if metal inside the fuse is burnt, if so, replace the fuse. There is a fuse box on the left side of dashboard. Open driver side door and remove the fuse box cover. Check for brake light fuse location on the fuse box cover, remove fuse and replace if burnt in the center. Hope that helps!
      So you know how the fuse is called? It's abbreviations

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Thanks
      Okay so this is all fixed now thanks for your suggestions people turns out one of my wires snapped in the rubber boot between the boot lid and car with the help of a friend I managed to strip the wires twist them and then heat shrink difficult part was trying to pull the wire through the boot.

Thanks
      And on my car the brake fuse was near inside on the drivers side called brake mine wasn't blown but might help if anyone else has the issue

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Howii For This Useful Post:

urbieta2000 (06-13-2017)