•  

Thread: Aveo 2007 goes crazy - Electrical

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Aveo 2007 goes crazy - Electrical

Hi Folks

Getting a whistle/buzzing noise coming from engine while driving. Lights clicking inside the car (Defrost, abs, and radio goes on and off, etc...). Arrived at home and car won't start back, batterie is dead.

Though about the alternator and changed it (Ouf !) but still the same ?!?!? Let the car run for 30 mins but the batterie still dead.

So is it the battery ?

Do you think I chnaged the alternator for nothing ?

Thank you very much !!!!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by chihuahua2222 View Post
      Getting a whistle/buzzing noise coming from engine while driving. Lights clicking inside the car (Defrost, abs, and radio goes on and off, etc...). Arrived at home and car won't start back, batterie is dead.

Let the car run for 30 mins but the batterie still dead. So is it the battery ?
      The intermittent lights, radio, etc sounds more like a bad connection or other wiring problem. Still, would be worth ruling out the battery, especially if it is original to 2006 or 7. The battery will show less than 11V if it has a shorted cell; though doubt that is the problem as most cars won't even jump start when this happens. Corrosion on the terminals or internal to the battery can cause intermittent problems as the load drops in and out of the charging circuit, though internal corrosion is not so common with modern batteries.

Many auto parts or tire/battery places will test batteries. One of our local big-box stores provides a printout of the results from their tester. Many auto parts stores will also test alternators; a pain on a busy weekend, but a nice option before buying a replacement when there is any doubt.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i think you need to check the wires condition from the alternator to the battery.

if you test the voltage across the terminals while it is off, and it is enough to start the car. the start the car and test the voltage across the terminals. if it rises to 13-14 volts, then the current is getting to the battery. Have the battery checked like stated. ALSO check your fuse block for signs of burning, arcing etc. There has been a power distribution problem brought up in numerous threads, and with a power distribution issue, weird electrical things can happen all over the car.