•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aveo 2004 67k. Pisto Ring Replacement?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I'm not sure what the problem is but if it was me I would put #1 piston at TDC then using some sort of spring compressor to actuate the valves to check for interference with the piston... then do repeat on the other cylinders.

(I've never had one of these engines apart but it sounds to me like you might be hearing a piston hitting a valve)
      I hope this helps, make sure you get back to us after you get it fixed, good luck.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hello,

These are pictures of the oil. The timing marks are line up. was going to take pictures but had no time. what you guys think about the oil?

I made a new video with the sound of the air escaping? when I turn the crankshaft. Any thoughts? Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXyL...ature=youtu.be

Photos:
      Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  270.9 KBName:  image2.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  272.9 KBName:  image2.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  272.9 KB

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Update for those who might read this for future references.

Today went to do again a compression test and leakdown test but the gauge that the ABC auto parts gave me was sh!7 and could't do any of them. However, when I tried to do it the first time I heard that the position Throttle sensor was making ticking noises. I noticed because I unplugged the wire to it and the ticking noise stopped. I took that off, cleaned it and when I put it back (you might be expecting that I fixed it with this but NO).. when I put it back it stop making noises. Turned back on the engine and it run very smoothly. There is still a ticking noise but it is more of a normal sound that makes any car. However, the smoke still comes out of the flexpipe. my concern was that it might be coolant but I have turned on and off this car a lot of times already and the level has not dropped not even a drop I still open the reservoir and see a bit of condensation coming out but level always the same. Additionally, I decided to test if the smoke was really oil or coolant so I drop some oil on the headers while it was hot the smell was similar but a little bit purer. I drop some coolant and that was quite different than the smell of the smoke when the car is on plus coolant evaporated in less than 2 seconds as of oil still was smoking and a bit of drops still on it. Before when I saw the smoke it would still come out even after I have shut down the engine for more than 30 sec. Based on this I assumed that the smoke is oil and not coolant which had me worried. On top of that, there is oil on the combustion chamber.

The previous leakdown test showed no air coming out of intake or exhaust or bubbles on the coolant reservoir. It did give air out of the oil dip stick tube. Looks like piston rings are bad. This makes sense since coolant level is not going down and no bubbles. Will buy piston rings and replace them when I can. We will see.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I've never tried the stuff but I've heard that Auto-RX is supposed to free up rings that are gummed up... (I don't really like "snake oil" per se)... the stuff is spendy read the directions and follow them TO THE LETTER... like I said I've never used the stuff and maybe someone will chime in and give us their 2 cents
      Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12