•  

Thread: another CEL problem question.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

another CEL problem question.

Ok so my father got hit on his motorcycle about 3 weeks ago so my wife and i drove from VA to KY to see him. On the way there are mountains that we have to drive over. When we are going up the hill we damn nearly had to floor the car to keep up to speed on the climbs. We initially thought it was due to the non existant power that the aveos have. on the way home the CEL started flashing (misfire) according to the manual. We stopped to eat and when we got back in the car it was off so we couldn't check to see if there was actually a code. We got home fine i was just very easy on the throttle. A couple days later it did it again when i was on the toll road going to my house. Up untill this point there wasn't any really noticable power loss. When i was driving to work i hit about 3,000rpm and it almost felt like the car was trying to stall, even though i had my foot on the gas and i was trying to get up to speed. i was goin somewhere near 60mph tryin to get to 70 and the rpms dropped and it felt like i was hitting the breaks almost and it did this on and off for a few seconds and then that damn light came back on. So next morning i went to the nearest advanced auto to check it out and... NO CODE!??? luckily the CEL hasn't come back on the past few days but im almost terrified to get into the gas a little bit i feel like a grandma drivin this thing. does anybody have any ideas as to the potential cause of this issue? i dont want to go to the stealership cause they wanna charge me like 120 just for a damn diagnostic even though the car still has the "factory warrenty" O i guess info on the car would help... 08 hatch with 56k on the ODO.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Have you had the spark plugs changed at 30k? If not, that would more than likely be your problem.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      That was my first thought... I have only had the car a few months i bought it from the dealership with 53k on it i just assumed that they did their "inspection" before they sold it to me ... Then again that is usually to much to ask a dealership for.... Ill check em out tomorrow

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      check the spark plugs, wires and coil pack.