•  

Thread: Annoying Aveo!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Annoying Aveo!

Hi,
      I am posted here in Germany, my wife has a Aveo, 2012 T300, 1.4 petrol model, with 50,000 miles on it.
      A few months ago, it developed a problem, between around 1,500 and 2,000 rpm, it stutters and lacks power.
      So far, I have changed the coil pack, injectors, MAF sensor, fuel pump and spark plugs. I also had the A/C checked out.
      It made no difference, my wife really loves the car, but this is an issue that ruins a great car.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

PatF.

Thanks
      Greeting, Pat.
      I wish you had posted sooner. Fist, do you have any OBDll codes? If not this limits what the issue could be. I mean, it could be a clogged air or fuel filter, for example. Since you have already changed most of the common causes, I suggest getting an OBDll reader, if you don't already have one; you can get a lot done with one and a smart phone. I hope this helped, I may not have offered a solution but I know what you are going through. After all, we get on these forums to get some help from people who have the same car as we do, and may know a thing or two about it. I post here and I see people viewing my posts and not responding; this is why I tried to offer you some hope. Good luck and keep us posted on how things go.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi and thanks for your rely.
      There are no fault codes showing, which makes it more of a mystery!

Thanks
      You're welcome. I understand what you mean about the mystery;no check engine light does seem mysterious. I don't want to frustrate you with unnecessary input but the problem must be out of the computer's monitoring system or undetectable,(they tend to throw codes at the slightest sign of trouble). It may help the forum to diagnose the issue if you can add to your description of what the car is doing. What sounds can you describe? Intake leaks and vacuum lines make a distinct noise(hissing). You can check for such leaks with a spray bottle with a little dish soap in it, there are many youtube videos on that. This post probably did little good but don't give up on it yet. Be patient and you will work it out.