Ok group, I bought an '07 special value for 2k about 5-6 weeks ago on ebay... that was stupid.
So I get the car and it has a nasty smell I can't identify.. I thought replacing the carpet would be nothing...

So one day the battery is dead, I jumped it and searched for a battery evidently Costco sells Interstate for 99.00 so I got one. When I was going to replace it found out the jerk seller had both nuts loose on the terminals so the battery was good but I replaced it.

Next day I go to get a smog check and it fails, because I didn't let the computer reset via driving the car. It took me a while to search for that answer...

Meantime, I took the seats outs I didn't unhook the battery before removing the seats evidently that's another no no mistake #2.

I replaced the carpet but I had hosed the seats with my sprayer to get the smell out and that was stupid mistake #3

I didn't know they put airbags in the seats... so between the water and the unhooking of the airbags with the battery connected I have officially... screwed myself...

Now with an updated obdii scanner I cannot communicate with the SRS control module.
Does anyone have any knowledge on ways to either test airbag parts or what I might do or how I can unhook the airbag sensors to check for rust or bad connections..

I'd appreciate it very much, I am stressing out like you wouldn't believe....
I can buy used or new SRS control modules for 70-300.00 on ebay or online used and new but I'm really afraid of screwing more things ups...