•  

Thread: 2012 1.4 LT Automatic Transmission fault

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

2012 1.4 LT Automatic Transmission fault

Hi I'm new to this forum so please go easy. I just bought a 2012 Chevy Aveo 1.4 LT Automatic which has done just under 8k miles a couple of months ago.

My issue is with the Automatic transmission. I tend to like to use the button on the gearstick to shift up and down the gears finding the 'D' fully Automatic option a bit heavy on the revs.

Everything starts off OK and car pulls out in either M1, M2 or even M3... If you own one of these cars you'll know that to change to M4 you need to wait until its above 15mph and M5 is 25mph with M6 being near 40mph.....all of the upshifts are fine and smooth (no problems whatsoever).

The issue comes when I downshift not from M6 to M5 (this downshift is fine) but from M5 to M4.......if I allow the car to drop down a gear itself from M5 to M4 it makes the car feel like the engine is braking and I know also that their must be a hesitation between changing gears as for a few seconds you can not accelerate in M4. The exact same thing also happens in Drive (D).

If I manually press the gear button (in effect beating the system to dropping down a gear) the car jolts slightly...some times worse than others.

I initially wondered if it was a transmission fluid issue but I can't believe a car with less than 8k on the clock would need a fluid change and a mechanic I took to today said he was convinced it was a software issue yet when I called Chevrolet UK they say there are no known faults and no software updates.

If anyone on this forum reading this has encountered an issue like this or even the same please share your experience and ideally the solution....if there is one.

Love my Aveo but this issue is taking the shine of owning my new car.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi. Just bought a 2012 1.4 LT auto and was scanning this thread for an issue I have.
      I find the ratios in the auto are appealing unless there is something wrong with it. Haven’t asked a dealer.
      It’s revs and revs before changing up a gear. In slow moving traffic is hangs onto the gear for a longer time than every other auto I’ve driven.