•  

Thread: 2011 Aveo Rough Idle

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2011 Aveo Rough Idle

I have a 2011 Aveo. It is having a rough idle in park, and even worse when i put it in drive. The RPM's bounce and at times sounds like it is about to stall out, but it hasn't done that yet. Also the acceleration lags as well when i put my foot on the gas to go. it takes a second or two for it get up and go. There is also no check engine light on. So no codes to narrow it down. I am thinking it may have something to do with the throttle body? Maybe a sensor or a good cleaning?
      i am stumped about this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by critterz7 View Post
      I have a 2011 Aveo. It is having a rough idle in park, and even worse when i put it in drive. The RPM's bounce and at times sounds like it is about to stall out, but it hasn't done that yet. Also the acceleration lags as well when i put my foot on the gas to go. it takes a second or two for it get up and go. There is also no check engine light on. So no codes to narrow it down. I am thinking it may have something to do with the throttle body? Maybe a sensor or a good cleaning?
      i am stumped about this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I don't know for sure, but I suggest checking the main wiring harness to chassis ground connection located right beside the engine control module under the hood. I had similar driveability problems and symptoms with my 2009. I was almost ready to replace the throttle body when i noticed the condition of the main ground connection. When I tried to remove the rusted bolt holding the wiring harness to chassis ground connection, it snapped off. The contact surfaces of the cable end and the chassis were rusted. Once I cleaned everything up and reconnected the wiring harness cable to the chassis by the ECM, that cleared up my problems. It might not be your problem, but it might be worth checking.

Deano