•  

Thread: 2009 Aveo5 Sway Bar Bushing MYSTERY!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

2009 Aveo5 Sway Bar Bushing MYSTERY!

So I recently I've noticed a familiar creak in the front of my suspension, particularly over bumps, when the car noses down. Immediately I thought sway bar bushings. Being a cheap item, I figured I'd replace them first before moving on to other possibilities So I go to Autozone, Oreillys, Pepboys, AND Advance Auto Parts, none of them listing anything but sway bar link kits. I'm looking at the repair manual right now, and their is most definitely a set of bushings between the sway bar and its brackets. Now admittedly I haven't looked under my car. I'm not too comfortable rolling around under it on jack-stands giving the low clearance. I was going to put it on a lift at the base hobby shop AFTER I found bushings. Rather than rent the lift twice, I was hoping someone here would know the part number (or size) of the sway bar bushings for this car, or any equivalent part. Am I crazy? Are there no bushings on this particular car? There has to be a sway bar, since they sell link kits! On my old explorer I could see them clearly just looking under it. I'm really hoping to avoid driving out to the dealer, as they're a distance away, and d**ked me pretty hard last time I went for help. Any thoughts?

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      The Bushings are a dealer item and the size depends on the year of the car. I bought some bushings a long time ago but never changed them, they are hard to get to.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      if it is the bushings causeing the noise it is most likely rust forming on the sway bar causing the issue. You could just buy some bushing lube, and spray them once to see if the noise goes away. and if you make it part of your maintenance, you will be fine.

If you really want to spend a few hours (i think you need to drop the kframe) replacing the bushings. the noise will be back as soon as the rusted section gets wet again.