•  

Thread: 2008 with Multiple Issues... I just bought it too...

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2008 with Multiple Issues... I just bought it too...

Hello,

I just bought a 2008 Aveo sedan with 94k miles on it. I know almost nothing about cars, so I will keep this short.

When the car is in D and I am stuck at a light or something, the steering wheel shakes. It shakes more with the AC on. If I shift to neutral, it stops shaking somewhat but not completely. While in N with the AC off, it almost stops shaking completely. This is more common during the day and in hot weather.

If I am driving and trying to pick up speed, sometimes there is a burning rubber smell. This does not happen always, but sometimes. There is no squealing or anything like that.

I am probably going to get the error codes read today, but I never saw a check engine light so I don't know if there would be one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
      Hello,

I just bought a 2008 Aveo sedan with 94k miles on it. I know almost nothing about cars, so I will keep this short.

When the car is in D and I am stuck at a light or something, the steering wheel shakes. It shakes more with the AC on. If I shift to neutral, it stops shaking somewhat but not completely. While in N with the AC off, it almost stops shaking completely. This is more common during the day and in hot weather.

If I am driving and trying to pick up speed, sometimes there is a burning rubber smell. This does not happen always, but sometimes. There is no squealing or anything like that.

I am probably going to get the error codes read today, but I never saw a check engine light so I don't know if there would be one.

Hi Lorelei,

I apologize for what you're experiencing with your 2008 Aveo. It could be a number of things going on here but unfortunately because I am not a certified mechanic, I am unable to diagnose either. If you would like to private message me the last 8-digits of your VIN#, I could research to see if there are any special coverages or other issues related to the multiple issues you're having.

I would be happy to schedule a service appointment for you at your Chevy dealership if you would like. Please let me know how it goes. Have a good night.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
      Hello,

The burning rubber smell you may want to get checked out but as far as the shaking goes it is pretty common for a 4 cyl. engine to do that unless your shaking is to the point that it seems like it might stall.