•  

Thread: 2008 Aveo with multiple Lock/Alarm issues

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

2008 Aveo with multiple Lock/Alarm issues

Over the last few months or so my Aveo has been experiencing the following issues, intermittently and randomly, 3-4 times per week.

1. A delay between when I lock my door from inside and all the other doors lock, anywhere from 10 second to ten minutes delay. (This delay also randomly happens when unlocking)

2. When I unlock my driver door all doors unlock then immediately relock. Several times I've had to forcefully hold the lock pin up so I can get the door open to get out.

3. When locking the vehicle from outside with the key fob the doors will lock but the security system won't arm. Sometimes unlocking and relocking will resolve this.

4. A few times I have locked and armed the security system with the key fob and came back later to find it unlocked/unarmed. Not a break-in. It's just sitting there like it decided to unlock itself while I was away.

5. Today I went to unlock the car (with key fob) and the doors unlocked but the alarm didn't disarm. When I started the vehicle the alarm went off. I can stop the alarm (honking/flashing) with the unlock button on the key fob but can't disarm the alarm. Every time I start the vehicle now the alarm goes off until I press the unlock button again.

Is there any single thing that can cause all this or am I chasing multiple problems here? Any help would be appreciated.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      It sounds like your door lock actuator is going out. Or to be more specific, the part that senses the door lock position that is built into the actuator. The car monitors the position of the driver side door lock through the actuator (the driver door is the "master" sensor) and a failing actuator can cause many of your symptoms.

Please double check this, but the part number for your car should be 96252707. It's about a $30 USD part and fairly easy to replace.

The only hard part about replacing it is that it's tucked deep into the corner of the door below the outer door lock cylinder. As a result it's very difficult to see what you actually need to disconnect to get it out. If you have a borescope type camera, the job will be much easier
      Last edited by EAD15; 04-03-2021 at 02:08 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EAD15 For This Useful Post:

bab72 (04-07-2021)

Thanks
      That sounds like a good place to start. I ordered the actuator and will replace it later this week when it arrives. Hopefully, I'll have good news to report. Thank you.

Thanks
      I replace the actuator this afternoon and it seems to working great now. I somehow got it all back together and the inside door release isn't working. Too dark to mess with it now so I'll take it apart tomorrow and look at it in the light. The locks and alarm problems are resolved now. (You weren't kidding about it being hard to get at back in there!)

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Sounds like you missed one of the rods when you put it back together, easy to do since it's very inconvenient to work in there. I think I missed one myself, too.

Glad to hear it solved your issues!

Thanks
      Turns out I had both ends of the rod connected but hadn't noticed there was a plastic guide in the middle it was supposed to run through as well. Quick and easy fix.