•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 Aveo with Multiple Issues

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Carly,
      I do apologize for your frustrations. Is there a different dealer in the area that you have heard good things about? I could contact them and see what we can do to get you an appointment and get these issues taken care of.
      Breanne
      Chevrolet Customer Service
      nice of you to give your usual generic response(i could make an app..........blah blah blah)so who pays for this appointment now that the car is out of warranty(strung along till it was out)if you really want to help ask her what dealership,make your call to them(that dealership) find out what they did(or didnt do)and use your clout to make them fix it!sorry Breanne but we all know we could take our chances with making an appointment with a dealership or any other mechanic which may or may not be able to solve the problem.thats kinda why she is here asking cause that route didnt seem to work last time.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoJunk View Post
      Petrified.Rabbit, I think what she wants is her car to be fixed by GM like it should be.

that right there is the # 1 reason the aveo has a bad name. No one at the dealerships knows how to fix it.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I have a 2008 Aveo to. Bought it new. I have just about the same problem with the howling. It sounds like it is coming from the right & left front fender wells. It only does it when the wind is blowing about 20 to 30 mph and your on the highway doing about 70mph. The faster you go the louder it gets. What is weird is if you crack the window a little the howling stops. You roll the window up and its back. I've taken it to a dealer who said they fixed it by replacing the weather stripping around the fender wells. It didn't fix the problem and when I told them in a phone call survey that it didn't fix it they said bring it back and we'll see if we can. I said I don't think so. They only had it about 2-hours to fix that plus a popping in the windshield and the popping in the front end. They said they replaced the weather stripping in the windshield and fixed the popping in the front end. They didn't fix any of it. So I took it to another Chevrolet dealership and when they put it up on the racks the service mechanic can to the waiting room and asked me if I had sprayed any wd-40 or some kind of other lubricant spray on the front end. I said no but I bet the other dealership did. They had to replace a lot of the front end parts. I still have to take it back to the dealership because of the howling and I still have front end problems with it still. But the howling is the most aggravating thing I have ever heard. It is so loud that you can't even hear the radio and you wish that you had some ear plugs to put in. I think they left something out when they put this car together. If someone has heard of this howling would you please let me know. thanks LB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12