•  

Thread: 2008 aveo,lost power for awile,next day will not start,or trying but stalls

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2008 aveo,lost power for awile,next day will not start,or trying but stalls

yesterday,fill full tank and after red ligt step on pedal and...... bycicle speed+power.after pumping pedal couple times,everything look normal,get to office,shuted down,started again back home no problems.in the morning cranking car trying to start but dies immediatelly.fuses,relays checked ok,fuel pump at the end of rail 50 psi(normal?),engine compression checked ok,spark good,replaced cam sensor as is acts same its connected or not...still will not start-run.get code p0452 once,but after clearing it not comming again.if spray starting fluid it will start and run as long as you sprayin.29600 miles.any ideas?thanks

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      plugs and wires tested? mist with water//

is there residual fuel pressure?

Thanks
      plugs-new,wires-new,about the fuel pressure its arround 50 after i stop cracnking and stays like that,somebody have instructions how to check components(sensors etc)with voltmeter,i have downloaded manual but there no info on that,only removal assembly.p.s get code p0107 map sensor
      thanks
      Last edited by sidlas; 09-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks
      update:checked the cam and crank circuits-ok,reconected all conector up and down with no luck,so t i tryed caveman method, sprayed starting fluid start the car and pumped pedal as mutch as i can to the bottom.car runs fine on high rpms(4000-5000)after that everything looks normal,but when i start drivin from stop gently pushing pedal everything ok,if accelerating fast looks like engine going stall but after second starting gain speed,no codes!!!hmm still going have fun with it,will keep updated.get acces to mitchell on demand,so if somebody needs something like schematics or etc pm me.ach one more think clock somethimes turns off(loses power?)still not sure i have mechanical(sensor,ecu)or electrical(bad connection)problem.mystery car hehe
      Last edited by sidlas; 09-10-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks
      no start in the morning again...crap.

Thanks
      now the car starts with starting fluid ,but wont keep running on high rpms like last time...mystery...
      no codes...still trying.lol

Thanks
      You say less than 30K miles? You still have your Warranty for the engine I am sure (if you bought it certified or are the original owner)

Thanks
      nope,car was branded,not big accident but has warranty block.started with small ammount of gas thgru air line again keep 4000 rpms for a minute not its runs on idle,get multiple missfire and missfire cyl 1 and 4,every time different codes or no codes at all.
      to be continued

Thanks
      f..k me.diesel in fuel...am working in shipping yard(we ship cars overseas,so i getting free gas(requirment cars must be drained and battery disconected)am always checking cars is gas or diesel ,but somebody fill gas car with diesel...bay the way i checked fuel first,get fuel from injector line and spill it on asphalt it has gas smell and burn like gas,so diesel part was very small.but enough to stall,no start,ecm show no codes at all,as i mentioned before i start couple times with starting fluid pushed on gas pedal to hold high rpm and car run fine,just acceleration was bad,but after car get cold,no start again.today i spill small ammount of fuel from car and from another tank on asphalt,and fuel from tank was not visible after 10 mins,but fuel from car stayed with no changes......f..k me drop tank,changed fuel and every go...
      i know everybody going lough at me but writing everything maybe to save some time for another aveo owner.
      like i told before if somebody need some info on aveo or schematics pm me
      good luck everyone

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      fun. but solved.