•  

Thread: 2005 Chevrolet Aveo nightmare... car cranks just fine but won't start?

Jos
      What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2005 Chevrolet Aveo nightmare... car cranks just fine but won't start?

At first the car was overheating but the temperature gauge was not in the middle, always in the cold area and sometimes the temp gauge was not even working at all. I

later found out that the cooling fan was blowing the fuse, so I replaced the fan with a new one and new coolant temp sensor,and also a new thermostat. then the problem

was that the cooling fan would never kick on when the car starts to overheat and the temp gauge was always in the cold area even though the radiator water was already

boiling. In short one day I parked my car and after 2 hours I came back and the car would never start unless pushed then it would start slowly and it woul not rev up

immediately unless I keep my foot on the gas pedal for at least one minute then it would idle, everything would be fine until the next time I want to start it again. after 3 days of

using it like that everything came to a halt. it is been more than a month the car never started no matter what, the mechanic replaced the head gasket and they even

reconditioned the cylinder head and everything but the car will not start, instead the engine is just flooding, there is spark and fuel, new battery, unfortunately the

car will just crank until the battery runs flat, but if I disconnect the fuel pump fuse after cranking it for sometime the car will start and run for 5 seconds then

dies. I scanned for codes and I got coolant temperature sensor and throttle position sensor, I did replace the 2 sensors but still no start unless I disconnect the

fuel pump. I don't know what else to do. I have already spent a fortune on this car because of this problem. Does anyone out there have any idea what I am dealing with here? this car was very reliable, light on fuel until now. it has

165000 km (74250 miles).

Thanks
      Have you checked the camshaft/crankshaft timing?

Jos
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      Have you checked the camshaft/crankshaft timing?
      Hi, How do you check the camshaft/crankshaft timing? I am really puzzled and I have not found someone who knows what he is doing yet. I have spent money on new sensors and nothing has changed, lets say the car does not want to run or start with fuel pump running because if I disconnect the fuel line or fuel pump relay or fuse the engine will start and run for 5 seconds but if as soon as it starts and I reconnect the fuel line or fuel pump fuse the engine dies immediately.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Based on everything you wrote, the not starting problem sounds like something related to the throttle body - TPS sensor (even though you already replaced it), wiring (melted due to overheating), TPS motor, or some other component in the TB. However, based on your location, I'm assuming your vehicle does not have a 1.6L engine. If that's correct, probably no one living in the USA or Canada can give you specific advice, because the only engine we're familiar with in North America is the 1.6L

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
      Hi, How do you check the camshaft/crankshaft timing? I am really puzzled and I have not found someone who knows what he is doing yet. I have spent money on new sensors and nothing has changed, lets say the car does not want to run or start with fuel pump running because if I disconnect the fuel line or fuel pump relay or fuse the engine will start and run for 5 seconds but if as soon as it starts and I reconnect the fuel line or fuel pump fuse the engine dies immediately.
      Donald Sietman

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk