Remove spark plug from no 1 cylinder, rotate camshaft except valves are closed, and observe compressed air to that cylinder. If it hisses again out the intake the consumption valves are bent. An additional system is to pop the valve cowl off and verify for excessive lash on the intakes as the consumption valve heads are better than the exhaust and they're frequently those to make contact with the piston tops. The bent valves will of route no longer allow the valve to completely seat which in flip raises the lash.
i am simply asserting that I've under no circumstances in my lifestyles felt a need to installation a belt just to discover unhealthy news and it makes me variety of balk to read tales on right here all of the time about someone owing a four or 500 greenback tab for a belt replacement handiest to learn, sorry your engine is junk.
I also do not buy that the engine is junk in most circumstances as a result of valve/piston contact. continually the pistons get picked up a bit and a few minutes spent with a Dermal casting off sharp edges on these nicks will constantly make things right. Granted, there may be all the time the chance of a cracked piston or damaged rod bearing because of a broken belt however I've certainly not run throughout one yet that repair of the heads and piston nick repairs did not make right.
Tester does have an outstanding aspect about strolling far from this car. or not it's simply that being an '04 and nevertheless owing 2500 on it makes it a plenty extra tricky resolution as a result of that 2500 together with what the shop is charging now will apparently be rolled over into one more car. a different automobile may be even worse.

The Aveo RS show vehicle is powered through the same tremendously productive 138-horsepower (103 kW) 1.4L I-four Ecotec Diesel engine turbocharger engine that will be attainable in the upcoming Chevrolet Cruze.
A six-speed guide transmission is designed to be certain the vehicle will deliver a spirited driving experience.
For the reveal vehicle, designers created a distinct engine cowl in graphite silver with a brushed aluminum insert. The coolant and energy guidance fluid fill caps are rimmed in ice blue, and the honeycomb vents flanking the center of the cover are matte-complete in shadow chrome and designed to healthy the wheel color.