•  

Thread: '10 aveo5 check engine light and temp gage weirdness

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

'10 aveo5 check engine light and temp gage weirdness

So I bought this on Saturday and took it home monday. The check engine light pop back on tuesday, used car dealership said they would take care of it which is why I didn't take it home till Monday night.

While driving for about 20 mins, aprox 5 minutes on the highway at 75 mph and 3000 rpms the temp gage jumped to hot then back to normal when I decelerated to 70. When I got off the highway the check engine light randomly turned back off.

What in the world??? Temp gage faulty or loose? Would that make the light flip on and off and the temp gage jump?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      There have been at least 2 other members who have posted coolant tank cap problems with their '10, and also wrote that a new cap fixed it. But those were real overheating and coolant leaks. Are you seeing anything like that? Maybe this is a different issue, because they didn't say anything about the heat gauge doing what you described.

Thanks
      I'd call up the dealer and let them take care of it.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi Cynthia,

Please let us know if you're looking to go into the dealership to have this addressed. If you can send over your VIN and mileage, we'd be happy to check for any open service announcements pertaining to what you've described. We're sorry to hear that this has happened, but please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Amber N.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
      So I bought this on Saturday and took it home monday. The check engine light pop back on tuesday, used car dealership said they would take care of it which is why I didn't take it home till Monday night.

While driving for about 20 mins, aprox 5 minutes on the highway at 75 mph and 3000 rpms the temp gage jumped to hot then back to normal when I decelerated to 70. When I got off the highway the check engine light randomly turned back off.

What in the world??? Temp gage faulty or loose? Would that make the light flip on and off and the temp gage jump?
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Hi Cynthia,

Please let us know if you're looking to go into the dealership to have this addressed. If you can send over your VIN and mileage, we'd be happy to check for any open service announcements pertaining to what you've described. We're sorry to hear that this has happened, but please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Amber N.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      will you just leave

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      will you just leave
      I'm coming to the same point with your comment. It's getting old really fast...

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      I'd call up the dealer and let them take care of it.
      First a question for Cynthia: What sort of warranty did the dealer give you when you bought the car?

Yes, you will need to take it back to them and tell them to correct the problem. Don't take "no" for an answer.

But what if the dealer is incompetent or uncaring? What if any attempt made to repair it is unsatisfactory? Despite what GM customer service would like us to believe, their dealerships are notorious for giving the customer the runaround.

GM customer service is present in this forum because the administration welcomed them here and allows them to stay. But the members who are complaining (myself included) are becoming irritated with the predictable, canned responses that are always regurgitated by the GM reps. Soothing words and apologies cannot repair a car; they are a poor substitute for providing a responsible dealership network. The corporate mentality is that apologies might suffice, and they hope the customer will accept them and give up on his claim. This is what happened with the clock on my car. After it was replaced under warranty and failed again it wasn't worth the hassle of having to return it to a dealer and tie up the car again for a relatively minor defect. Unfortunately, the customer usually has to petition the GM home office to get warranty work done, because their dealers want no part of doing it.

Those of us who have experienced the frustration of having to deal with the service departments of Chevy dealerships know what a PITA it is. Having to petition the management at GM to intervene is an additional burden.

So we are getting tired of hearing the soothing but useless words of the GM reps, and some of us feel they have worn out their welcome here.