Exclamation For Sale: 2009 Victory Red Aveo LT 4D Sedan

$3,500/OBO --- Comes with Studded Winter Tires
      Clean title on-hand with current OR tags/registration
      CarFax report available.

Original 5 Speed Manual transmission
      Original 1.6L 4 cyl Eco-Tech engine
      Cold-air intake filter
      LED lights all around

Her name is Rosie. While Rosie may not be the shiniest, newest, or fastest car on the market, she's damn reliable. She's served me well for the last 7 years that I've had her. Some things you need to know about Rosie: very recent bearing replacement on front passenger hub, brake/clutch lines flushed summer of 2021. Otherwise, she's had regular, on-schedule maintenance as documented in her maintenance journal and CarFax report. She's great on fuel, and is a great little commuter car; perfect for the narrow streets/parallel parking in PDX. Perfect gift for student drivers this Christmas!

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...568321898.html

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I read your ad and I am well aware that your "Rosie" has been sold. I have a 2011 LT 5 spd "Sir PASSED ALOT" I am very fond of for the level of service it has provided me since Nov., 2013. Mine, as Rosie, is an excellent urban runabout. mine for the metro area of Kansas City. Maintenance of our Aveos is all important, so I must ask what symptoms did your 2009 manual trans Aveo display that indicated you needed to flush the clutch/brake system? My mileage is at 72K and the clutch is original. Thank you for your time.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      It was about 95°-110°F in the middle of summer. My clutch pedal hit the floor boards and didn't release forward. I had to dig my toe underneath it in order for it to come back up. Happened three of four times whilst driving home, immediately rolled it into the mechanic. They couldn't duplicate it, but checked the fluid and said it needed to be replaced A) because it had never been done before (changed/flushed at about 120k) B likely that too much water had built up and the hot temperatures had fluctuated the pressure in the lines causing the clutch to not release forward. Master and slave cylinders were in perfect working order as well as all the gears per the mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by kcROB View Post
      I read your ad and I am well aware that your "Rosie" has been sold. I have a 2011 LT 5 spd "Sir PASSED ALOT" I am very fond of for the level of service it has provided me since Nov., 2013. Mine, as Rosie, is an excellent urban runabout. mine for the metro area of Kansas City. Maintenance of our Aveos is all important, so I must ask what symptoms did your 2009 manual trans Aveo display that indicated you needed to flush the clutch/brake system? My mileage is at 72K and the clutch is original. Thank you for your time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BellaDonna For This Useful Post:

kcROB (02-22-2023)

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Your reply is noted and greatly appreciated! I can now be aware of when it will be time for a line pressure flush. Recently, in a few instances, my clutch doesn't fully DISengage during a gear change. I removed the added floor mat and it hasn't happened as much. I will have it looked at and, if appropriate, have the line(s) flushed, and the slave and master cylinders checked. I sincerely appreciate you taking your time to reply. This Aveo forum does what any informative/active forum should do.