•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadface: Aveo bombs in Consumer Reports 2011 owner satisfaction survey

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I've had nothing but problems with mine, and I can't wait to get rid of it.

I honestly thought I would like it; there's so much to like:
      small, so therefore easy to park
      quick enough to get up to freeway speed whenever is needed
      nimble steering and cornering
      fuel economy is supposed to be good
      hatchback for plenty of cargo room
      interior is laid out well, but simple
      Stereo has an aux-input! Woo!
      Not bad looks (for the newer gen, I have an 09)

However, I soon found:
      RATTLES. Tons and tons of interior squeaks and rattles
      The front suspension feels as if it is about to fall off the car--FOR THE SECOND TIME. Car only has 21k miles on it!
      Actual fuel mileage isn't what they'd lead you to believe (automatic) Any speeds above 65mph = 21mpg (freeway, anyone?)
      Constant OnStar issues, and for some reason they throw a check engine light? Really? For an optional PHONE?!?
      This is minor - but the stock tires only lasted 11k miles? Really? The tires on an M3 last that long.

My warranty expires this spring, and I've already ordered my new car so I have it before the warranty is gone.

I tried and tried to like this car, I really did.

Wants moh powah
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Would I buy an Aveo again? Maybe, but not for more than 9k. I've found the fuel economy to be quite disappointing. The squeaks and rattles I expected at this price point but the wheel bearing going in less than 40k is a bit concerning.

I have to admit, I was really spoiled by the 9th generation Corolla...gas, tires, and oil changes were all they wanted. Too bad the 09 up Corolla feels like a bloated, overweight Aveo.
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i didnt get 4000 miles out of the stock tires, and the dealer replaced them under warranty (free) without me asking...

the rattles and noises i kind of expect, it is still "as quiet" as a honda in the same age and care..

i hate onstar, onstar alone will keep me from ever buying another chevy.

but.. i have never had a car get the advertised fuel mpg.. the 1.6 in the aveo in my style of driving gets my 27-29 mpg. the only car better than that i have owned (gas and 100+ cars owned) was a vw with a diesel tranny swapped in... that was at 84 mph at 2000 rpm in 5th gear and enough power to rest my foot on it to maintain speed.

i honestly wouldn't buy the aveo again. you cant anyhow. but for what i wanted, expected, and got out of the car i am very very very happy with the aveo. Why wouldnt i buy it again? i miss hp and awd, and for the $5000 price point decent aveos are selling for i can buy a slightly higher mileage older s4.. that would be the "choice" in that price range. but for a 11K brand new car, the aveo is FANTASTIC

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Eventhough I'm selling my 04 Sedan I'm still going to avidly defend it. Again my only reason for selling is that I need the money for the downpayment on the new Jetta I'm finally buying. I wanted to buy it since 2011 but things got financially very tight. Anyway my 04 Sedan has been great!! Tires, brakes, oil changes and on lower control arm around 60K. It now has 150K on it and has some minor problems that need to be resolved such as, slight water pump leak and the rear brakes need adjusting but thats it. Struts and shocks are all still good, runs fantastically, and heat and a/c still work. I've had no complaints and am very confident that should I keep it I wouldve clocked well over 200K. By the way. why am I buying a new Jetta? I wanted something a little bigger with more leg room, I wanted it in stick, and I've driven a lot of VW's over the years and seem to be jonesing for this new car after almost 8yrs in the Aveo. Maybe I should buy a Cruze?
      Update: 12/23/2011 I actually did buy the Cruze as you all know. Go figure.
      Last edited by NYChevoo; 01-16-2013 at 07:23 AM.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I certainly would buy another Aveo. In fact I own two. Hatchback has alot of room with the seats flipped forward. Handling seems to be OK for me. Can exceed the posted limit in off ramps by double. Gas mileage at 75 ish on the highway is 33 MPH. Plenty comfortable. I like em!

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      I've learned from my days of owning a Chrysler Product to NEVER EVER Trust ANYTHING that Glorified rag says about cars; they are EXTREMELY Biased Towards European/Japanese Imports, and will Nitpick the American cars (Even our Cleverly Disguised Korean made Aveos, and ESPECIALLY Chrysler Group Products) to Death.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      I've learned from my days of owning a Chrysler Product to NEVER EVER Trust ANYTHING that Glorified rag says about cars; they are EXTREMELY Biased Towards European/Japanese Imports, and will Nitpick the American cars (Even our Cleverly Disguised Korean made Aveos, and ESPECIALLY Chrysler Group Products) to Death.
      This. Consumer reports is so ridiculous. Although the Sebring was a hunk of junk :P

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
      This. Consumer reports is so ridiculous. Although the Sebring was a hunk of junk :P
      I would actually have to agree with you on that one Pickles (at least on the 2007-2010 models), the 4 cylinder engine while it had 173 HP on tap, it was badly tuned to where it had NO Power low down on the powerband, the Base stereo system (you only get FOUR Speakers in a MIDSIZE SEDAN) made my Plymouth Breeze's stock stereo system LOOK GOOD, and the Interior Plastics looked so cheap and nasty, they would look more at home as Outdoor lawn furniture!

Thanks
      I don't know about the rest of the world but I like my aveo just fine. I got my 07 brand new for $9095 I think the sonic is going for 13K ..that would make me look elsewhere for a decent used car next time around for about 10K..because cars aren't investments they won't increase in value,if you can get fifteen years out of it..you won!

Thanks
      I loved my car, I babied her, I kept her shiny and everything. However, the exhaust system sucks and even after following the recommended maintenance including the belts, the b*t*h slipped her timing. Of course, she took the valves with her. So I'm looking at a dead car that needs about $2000 worth of work to rebuild her engine.

It angers me because apparently this is a KNOWN issue and there are literally thousands of reports out there about the shoddy workmanship and the way the engine is designed. Friggin' Interference engine!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast