•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About 2B Aveo owner????

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Excellent! Thank you. When I travel to IA, I will leave ignornance behind.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Kelly blue book value I come up with is RETAIL excellent: $10,212 Private Party excellent $8,737. If you're worried about depreciation after you buy it, you may want to purchase GAP insurance.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by milesvinson View Post
      Kelly blue book value I come up with is RETAIL excellent: $10,212 Private Party excellent $8,737. If you're worried about depreciation after you buy it, you may want to purchase GAP insurance.
      Thanks fo ther hard data on bb value, The Aveo was a tradein so there is wiggle room ro negotiate a price. If not. I have found a 2009 LT 5spd in KC. Lots of parking lot dents, chips and stratches, but runs strong. How does your 2007 do in the mountains?West Virginia is a beautiful place and I love the Carter family music where they sing about their Clinch Mountain home. I plan to have the 2010 so long, depreciate won't be a factor, Be well!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      The '07 does great here in the mountains. It's a stick though. The automatics are dogs on the mountains here. It's primarily the wife's car. She drives approx. 150 miles round trip a day for work. When she first started driving it she used to catch herself doing 80+ mph alot. I had Pulsestar plugs in it before and they really added a lot more power. They were traditional metal electrodes though and couldn't take the heat. They wore out at about 25,000 miles. I put in NGK Iridiums after that to avoid having to change plugs so often. I haven't checked lately to see if the Pulsestar Plugs are available in Iridium yet. If they are, I'd reccomend them. I know they are available in platinum now.

Thanks
      The '07 does great here in the mountains. It's a stick though. The automatics are dogs on the mountains here. It's primarily the wife's car. She drives approx. 150 miles round trip a day for work. When she first started driving it she used to catch herself doing 80+ mph alot. I had Pulsestar plugs in it before and they really added a lot more power. They were traditional metal electrodes though and couldn't take the heat. They wore out at about 25,000 miles. I put in NGK Iridiums after that to avoid having to change plugs so often. I haven't checked lately to see if the Pulsestar Plugs are available in Iridium yet. If they are, I'd reccomend them. I know they are available in platinum now.
      Manual trans keeps the driver focused on the terrain. Iwouldn't..and don't...own anything else.A few questions when its conviennt for you to reply: Do you have the part# of the proper NGK Iridium plug you use..I assume the heaat range would be in the stock #? Do youset the plug to the factory spec. gap or change it for eceonmy/ performance? Lastly, do you coat the plug threads with a "no seize" compound and what size plug socket do I need to buy? I appreciate your advice. Robert.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I don't remember the NGK #. I'd have to pull one out. I may do that Sat. as I need to check their condition anyway. I just bought the ones Autozone said was correct. I do remember that NGK makes two different Irridium plugs. One is the Iridium Laser and I can't remember the other. One of them used more Iridium. If I remember correctly you do not set the gap on Iridium plugs. They come set from the factory. Personally, I use a thin coat of anti-seize on the threads. I also use the copper anti-seize to coat the posts on all my batteries. I haven't had a corroded post yet and it helps with conductivity. I am a master electrician and I know we used Coppershield on all of the terminals and paddles for all of the >1000 volt transformers at the power plant I used to work at. Coppersheild is basically another brand. It is also used at the nuke plants. I figured if it was good enough for that it sure would do the job on my autos. As far as what size spark plug socket to buy, it is a 5/8" spark plug socket. I'd reccomend getting one w/ the built in universal joint. You won't need the universal part on the aveo but it will definitely come in handy for other cars and trucks.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Looks like the Laser Iridium is NGK 4095 and the Iridium IX is NGK 6441 for the 2010 sedan according to NAPA web site. Funny thing, Autozone no longer has a listing for them. Probably a good idea to change the wires, too. Double check about the no gapping thing though. I may be thinking of the Bosche +4s I put in the truck.
      Last edited by milesvinson; 10-17-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pooh Man View Post
      I ve got an 09 and have only needed O2 sensors. Anything else I have changed was because I wanted to. With a short ram intake, and 2" exhaust I was getting 37 mpg if I didnt drive with a heavy foot. Good luck on your purchase.
      Pooh Man, Strange as it sounds, I found the O2 sensor, but it looks like it takes a special wrench to remove it if the cap does not come off the top of the sensor. What kind of tool does one use to remove and replace the sensor? I had an 2009 LT here in KC out for a test ride so i was only able to eyes on the sensor.If i do change one, is aluminum anti-seize gel used on the threads? When I do get an Aveo, at least I will be able to do basic maintenance. Thanks for your time!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      My sincere apology. I just caught myself in an error. When I qouted the Kelly Blu Book price I think I looked up the Aveo5 prices. The prices for the Aveo sedan LT 5 speed is RETAIL excellent $9,891 PRIVATE PARTY excellent $8,491. Sorry, I keep forgetting about the sedans.

Thanks
      Looks like the Laser Iridium is NGK 6741 and the Iridium IX is NGK 3764 according to NAPA web site. Funny thing, Autozone no longer has a listing for them. Probably a good idea to change the wires, too. Double check about the no gapping thing though. I may be thinking of the Bosche +4s I put in the truck.
      Great info! You are saving me alot of head-sctratching when I go to the auto parts store. I appreciate your responses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast