•  
    Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top mpg

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: Top mpg

Quote Originally Posted by hammsaveo
      Fighting irish do you have an auto or a stick trans? What year is your Aveo?
      2007 manual trans sedan.

I'll keep it and add a turbo MatchboxKiller's Avatar
      Thanks

Hunter, don't forget that the will bring down you MPG too. I know when mine kicks in I only get like 14, but NORMALLY, I think I actually get around 30.
      E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Not being in a hurry is kind of nice. Most americans have no clue what i'm saying because they create this false "I have to be somewhere in 3 minutes " type of life style.... I look at it as consuming less and saving on my wallet... Plus i'm pretty relaxed when I arrive at my destination and most of the time early. It's the people that are the other way that don't allow time to drive that have road rage issues. Don't understand driving fast in a economy size car....Like driving 80 in a prius because you think it will get good enough mpg what's the point ? I guess it takes all kinds and thats what makes the world go around... I'll keep doing my thing.
      people are confused when i fly past thier cars that are worth 5 times more than mine :P

good point matchbox, my vtec kicks in at like 9000rpm so yeah

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

The last 2x's I filled up it was at 37mpg. My daily travel is 150 miles and 70% of that is at 65-70mph on Interstate @ 70MPH the little red beast is running at 3400rpm. Actually I thought that was extremely high until I read some of the other comments on this thread 2009 aveo5 manual transmission.

Thanks

thats pretty good... I just got 38.6 on last avg. working for 40 though. with my 06 with man. I try to keep the rpm's down under 3000 on freeway. Usually at 2500 which is 55 mph in my Aveo.
      '06 Aveo man trans sedan
      Keep a light foot.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

I averaged 35-38 when I had my Aveo, my record trying for tops MPG was in the 50 mpg range, but no way I could keep those driving habits up, it's documented somewhere around one of these aveo sites

Thanks

I wanted to hear that cause i'm on amission to get in the 40's and then upper 40's if I can.I am going to try to get the Aveo to give up some great mileage!
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      I averaged 35-38 when I had my Aveo, my record trying for tops MPG was in the 50 mpg range, but no way I could keep those driving habits up, it's documented somewhere around one of these aveo sites
      '06 Aveo man trans sedan
      Keep a light foot.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

I wanted to hear that cause i'm on amission to get in the 40's and then upper 40's if I can.I am going to try to get the Aveo to give up some great mileage!
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981

You can do it, some of the biggest things to get you there are driving habits and tires (of course stripping out the interoir of your car helps some too )

Thanks

You can do it, some of the biggest things to get you there are driving habits and tires (of course stripping out the interoir of your car helps some too )[/quote]
      I would do just that if I was single but then again if I was single I would be driving a gen 1 insight. I have newer tires on now 80k mile warranty. I didn't even know about the LRR tires at the time. Mine are aired to 44 psi max sidewall. What was the biggest thing for you getting the big numbers? Coasting in n with engine off is one I try to do as much as possible. I am working on trying to get a scan guage to help me see when i'm wasting fuel. Anymore advice on it? What do you drive now?
      '06 Aveo man trans sedan
      Keep a light foot.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

LRR tires, wouldn't you loose some performance with those? i.e. snow/wet handling? From what I understand the better performing the tire, the less life/FE you get out of it...

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast