•  
    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: solved poor aveo fuel economy

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      Either you have mechanical issues, your commute is horrible, or you're the problem (no offense).

Many people don't know that the driver has HUGE influence over mileage. I drive my '05 (also 5 speed) to get good mileage, and I have gotten anywhere from 36 mpg to 43 mpg. My car also has a lower EPA rating than yours does by 3 mpg (combined rating). But, like I said, I drive to get good mileage.

Of all the 2010 Aveos on Fuelly.com, they are averaging 31 mpg. The lowest being 29 mpg. Seems like something isn't right.
      My commute is 1.7 miles I'm sure that does have an impact considering I never even hit 40 MPH. However when I have taken it on highway trips the best MPG I got was 29 MPG. I live in WV and there are A LOT of hills. I'm constantly downshifting so I don't get rear ended by the prius tailgating me cause I cant make it up the hills in 4th gear. I understand that my driving and terrain has a big impact but I drove my 07 Malibu like I stole it and I still got better mileage than this Aveo.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I got an 09 5spdaveo and get 37+ mpg if I keep it under 60the mph on the e-way. If I hang in the low 70' I get 31-32mpgs. My commute is about nd 15 e-way driving n 12the city. The driver is key to mpg. Just for kicks check out eco modder.com there are tips to saving fuel and mods to support mpgs, and yes there are aveos on there. When I dropped my car with H&R springs, ran 40ish psi in the tires( 14's) and kept apeeds low I added about 2 mpgs

Thanks
      The 1.7 mile commute is your killer. Your engine isn't even going to be warmed up by then. Short trips really really kill mileage.

What do you mean there's no turbo? gclark8's Avatar
      Thanks
      The 1.7 mile commute is your killer. Your engine isn't even going to be warmed up by then. Short trips really really kill mileage.
      I agree, my typical trip is about 1km each way twice a week. For the past 12 months I have used REDEX in the fuel, it does make a difference to engine performance on short cold runs. (See Garage & Fuelly.com)
      Last edited by gclark8; 09-28-2013 at 07:31 AM.
      no image

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      And our small 1.6L engines take a much bigger hit trying to climb steep hills than larger engines do, especially if they're pushed hard and the revs are high. Given those conditions, I'm surprised the poor thing can even get 23!

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Either you have mechanical issues, your commute is horrible, or you're the problem (no offense).

Many people don't know that the driver has HUGE influence over mileage. I drive my '05 (also 5 speed) to get good mileage, and I have gotten anywhere from 36 mpg to 43 mpg. My car also has a lower EPA rating than yours does by 3 mpg (combined rating). But, like I said, I drive to get good mileage.

Of all the 2010 Aveos on Fuelly.com, they are averaging 31 mpg. The lowest being 29 mpg. Seems like something isn't right.
      I KNOW my Fuel Mileage has Slipped due to my Downstream Oxygen Sensor deciding to fail back in June, and Last Time I checked it was getting only 24 MPG, and as of this post the ScootaTank is sitting at 1/4th of a tank, and i've only put 190.7 miles on her since I've filled up. (and I just ran the numbers, and my Mileage has REALLY SLIPPED since that sensor went bad; i'm down to 20 MPG!) i'm pretty much getting the Fuel Mileage of a Pickup with TWICE the Cylinders and TRIPLE the Displacement!

What do you mean there's no turbo? gclark8's Avatar
      Thanks
      A brief update:

I bought fuel today, 39 Litres, and the previous fill was 13 months back.

The fuel consumption (MPG) is best described as sad, however it is acceptable to me considering my driving situation.

See My Garage and Fuelly: http://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/.../aveowa/237527

Edit: The recurring decision, to sell or to keep?
      So I just created a topic: https://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f81/...r-again-23386/

Last edited by gclark8; 12-16-2018 at 08:28 PM.
      no image

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910