•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INCREASING MPG

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mtlswift
      A lot also has to do with engine management and tuning. For example, anyone (Brainless with the scangauge) know if the injectors are shut off if you're just coasting on a manual tranny, or does it still dump fuel?? Stuff like that.
      With both transmissions it will continue to provide enough fuel to maintain idle in neutral/park... otherwise you wouldn't be able to... idle...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      He is talking about when you are on the highway and you just let off the throttle and coast. I know that my other car cuts the fuel when I do that.

Thanks
      A lower belly tray would help with mileage. You could also make covers for the rear wheels

ride a bike?

try maybe an after market air filter(k&n). I bought one and I'm still testing it out, it seems to be doing great though just haven't crunched any numbers yet.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by cory
      ride a bike?

try maybe an after market air filter(k&n). I bought one and I'm still testing it out, it seems to be doing great though just haven't crunched any numbers yet.
      i replaced my stock filter with k&n and im not sure if it helped, i never really took the time to figure out what i was gettin with the stock filter that and i didnt have the SG2 at the time.

Thanks
      yeah i had the drop in k&n when i first bought the car, i really didnt notice any difference. When I got my exhaust redone, i notice probably about 4-5 MPG increase whhich i though was awesome. I then got my CAI and the mileage went back down to normal, but i got more power sooooo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12