•  

Thread: first tank of gas

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

first tank of gas

my first tank of gas in my 2007 aveo sedan 5 speed got me 31.2mpg! now that might sound bad but i havent drove a 5 speed in years. ok so 2nd tank i installed a k&n drop in filter and the gauge looks better but the answer will come tommarrow when i fill up. changing timing belt friday so i guess next week i will see how things go and may change plugs also and did change to mobil one after first tank.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      31.2 is not bad at all lol

Thanks
      ok second tank 30.2mpg a little less but more city driving. my drive to work is right at 100 miles round trip some parkway some city and some back roads. i'am starting to like this car the more i drive it. i use to drive a 1997 tahoe to say the least not good on gas. i think if i change plugs it could help but wandering if a flowmaster exhaust would help my gass milage any? or under drive pully? i always use cruise control at 70mph think i could do better with my foot and coasting down hill?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      if your car can coast at 70 downhill (unlikely) the cruise wont waste gas either..
      muffler and a pulley might help but driving style counts too.. wheel and tires can help/hurt the mpg. car load, etc.

if your looking to maximize your mpg, buy the tool offered here (i forget what it is, but they were giving the away)

Thanks
      ok my tires are 185-60-14. the muffler i was thinking would free up flow to make things smother.i try to watch my driving 70 parkway then 60 back roads 4 stops in 20 miles but traffic can catch me sometimes. i love 30+mpg as i was getting 14. i will keep up with the milage and see how it goes. sparkplugs worth the money? best for this car?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the muffler makes a big difference in power and acceleration, but i dont know about mpg..

the tires i meant using a low resistance tire and light weight wheel= less effort to get the car rolling = less gas moving tires more gas moving car.

i personally think most spark plugs are a gimmick, but im not going for mpg, maybe there is a good eco plug out there?

Thanks
      ok today drove to work then it snowed all day so i drove 52 miles at speeds from 30 to 60mph most around 45. so to clear this up i drove my normal speeds of 70 mph for 24miles ond around 60 mph another 23 miles. ok that was this morning this arfternoon i drove the 52 miles at slow speed and checked my mileage and got 36mpg. i think its funny gas milage is like a hobby.