Thread: e3 spark plugs

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: e3 spark plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Unidentifiable
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      I do feel that I should note that I've never met a female quite as combative or argumentative as yourself, though, which warrants the assumption that you're male.)
      You've never met my ex.
      She's probably a bit like my current...

But I digress.
      Low low man, low blow.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernAveo

Low low man, low blow.
      I have you ignored, but since you missed that, and keep responding right after I post something, I decided to open this one and read it.

For the record, no one is talking about you at this point. We've all moved on. Please do the same. And to excuse myself from your inevitable reply that you were defending my Wife by saying that I was being improperly rude toward her by posting that: She knows she's a bitch. She'd tell you before I would. And "combative" doesn't even begin to describe her at times.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Low low man, low blow.
      I have you ignored, but since you missed that, and keep responding right after I post something, I decided to open this one and read it.

For the record, no one is talking about you at this point. We've all moved on. Please do the same. And to excuse myself from your inevitable reply that you were defending my Wife by saying that I was being improperly rude toward her by posting that: She knows she's a bitch. She'd tell you before I would. And "combative" doesn't even begin to describe her at times.
      lol, Wow.....

I didn't say anything about your wife so please do the right thing and stop talking for me.

But i will digress by saying that you probably learned some of her traits.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Gentleman please, can we get back on topic? Bottom line is E3 plugs are garbage. A complete waste of money.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      Gentleman please, can we get back on topic? Bottom line is E3 plugs are garbage. A complete waste of money.
      I agree. =D>

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I took a peak at the website for these plugs, in my neverending journey for fuel economy/performance (impossible duo, but I shall succeed). Combining the information from my thread (Worse mileage with synthetic (and Bosch Platinum +4's)?), and this one, I gather that the consensus is "don't waste money on spark plugs that cost more than a couple bucks"?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hooah212002
      I took a peak at the website for these plugs, in my neverending journey for fuel economy/performance (impossible duo, but I shall succeed). Combining the information from my thread (Worse mileage with synthetic (and Bosch Platinum +4's)?), and this one, I gather that the consensus is "don't waste money on spark plugs that cost more than a couple bucks"?
      Actually iridiums are a great deal seeing they last for over 100,000miles with one plug change.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Actually iridiums are a great deal seeing they last for over 100,000miles with one plug change.
      Another way to look at it is:

iridiums are 10 bucks each and last 100K
      OEM NGK are 2 bucks each and last 30K (probably much more, but that is the recommended interval)
      $2 x 5 = 10$
      5 x 30K = 150K

So for the same 10 bucks a plug, you get 150K vs. 100K and you don't leave your plugs ini for a 100K interval, running the chance that the threads seize.

Thanks

Interesting point Rob.

I've never personally had a problem with plugs seizing despite leaving them in for quite some time (over 100k). I suppose if you had doubts you could just loosen and retighten them every 30k or so.

I'm not really arguing for iridiums as I use copper plugs too. I do see the benefit for most people though as they usually don't do their own service on cars.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      I've never personally had a problem with plugs seizing despite leaving them in for quite some time (over 100k). I suppose if you had doubts you could just loosen and retighten them every 30k or so.
      I haven't either, but have heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      I'm not really arguing for iridiums as I use copper plugs too. I do see the benefit for most people though as they usually don't do their own service on cars.
      Yes my calculation does not take into account labor. That being the case and the 100K interval is cheaper, but this engine is soooo simple to change the plugs, and most people on this forum are probably changing their own plugs already.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast