•  
    Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: serega12's Holden Barina

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: serega12's Holden Barina

Hello, Serega. Yours is the second example I've seen with what looks like the original front ts lens filled in. Are those new panels that replace the original lens covers or are they the originals simply painted? If they are new pieces where do you get them? Thanks.
      Steve

Thanks

Hey Serega, i was wondering where you got the LED lights for the dashboard, speedometer, rpm gauge..
      -Paul

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avezoh
      Hello, Serega. Yours is the second example I've seen with what looks like the original front ts lens filled in. Are those new panels that replace the original lens covers or are they the originals simply painted? If they are new pieces where do you get them? Thanks.
      Steve
      You could paint them yourself, just look up "joey mod" on this forum, you should find many examples. They say it's a good idea to have a spare set just in case you mess yours up, but if you're gonna buy another set, might as well buy the ones I did (mine came "pre-painted", or actually I'm pretty sure they just assembled it before chroming the housing). They're already blacked out and cost less (I got mine off of ebay for $142 plush shipping).
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls07
      Hey Serega, i was wondering where you got the LED lights for the dashboard, speedometer, rpm gauge..
      The dashboards lights came with the custom gauges I bought from Black Cat Custom guys. The ones in your HVAC you can get plenty of from eBay or superbrightleds.com. I'd personally go with eBay since they're a lot cheaper...

Thanks

UPDATE TO A/C STORY:

So I got back to installing the new line, but as I started pulling out the old line (I started from the connection that was leaking bad), I noticed that it didn't have the seal on it (duh!)... They said it was supposed to come with one. I'm not sure if they lost it, if I lost it, or if it slipped off during installation... Either way, I replaced that O-ring and it held vacuum for like 10 minutes with no issues... So I serviced it and off I went!

I had A/C!!!.... for the whole mile I drove home from my dad's place. Then I decided to install a couple of HELLA horns that I pulled off a 528 BMW earlier at a junk yard (in addition to the aftermarket deeper sounding horn I picked up earlier in the year from Autozone).

Everything went well, I made up some wiring to connect it all together, and I used the longer bolts that came off of BMW... bad idea if you have an AC condenser in your car... As I was tightening it, it slowly pressed a small hole in the condenser and pissed out all freon gas within around 20 minutes or so....

So now I'm without AC again until my new condenser comes in.

I've thought about getting it repaired, but everyone I talked to said it's a lot of pain, and I'm better off just installing a new one. So once that comes in (hopefully sometime this coming week) I should be installing it.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

fail

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      fail
      Already received the new condenser. Installed it a couple of nights ago and serviced it. Everything is fine now. Even the new BMW Hella horns still work!

Thanks
      Man... never get time to post these days with the welder training. (gives you all time to catch up on post counts ). Get up at 4:30 in the morning, leave the house by 4:50 or so... class from 7 am to 9 am (roughly 70 miles away one way), then welding from 9 am to 5:30 pm. Home by around 7 pm.... Only have a couple of hours before I gotta go back to bed... and then all over again for 4 more days in a week. Never time to do anything, so everything piles up for the weekend. So no time to post either...

Anyways, got some "WINTER WHEELS", which are just 14" alloy Aveo wheels with Hankook tires (about 80-90% thread left) for $150, not too bad of a deal, plus they're cheaper to replace with all the driving. Also, I heard that narrower tires are better in rain (my rims have 205/40/17's on them, and these "winter rims" have the stock 185/60/14's on them).

Might even upload a picture one day.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      quite a fall from posting 20 times a day...

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      quite a fall from posting 20 times a day...
      You're right. It is. Barely get any time to check new posts here...

Something I forgot to post last time, I installed some Black Altezza style tail lights with some tower style SMD LEDs in them... It's an improvement over all-LED tail lights I had before IMO because of looks (flat black matches the flat black in headlights) and because I can replace the bulbs if they get burned out without having to bake apart the tail light assembly and solder or do whatever else is needed to replace the burnt out/flickering/faded LEDs

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast