•  

Thread: Semi new to the Aveo, new to the forum and mostly looking for project help

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Semi new to the Aveo, new to the forum and mostly looking for project help

Hi,

I don't own an Aveo but a friend does and I've been doing a lot of work on her car over the last few years. So far I haven't needed much technical info but now her engine is cooked and I'm about to swap in a 60k/mi used one.

I see there isn't much data available unless you sign up for Alldata so if anyone has info I'll be starting a thread on this project immediately after this post. (2010 5spd)

Thread:
      Help with 2010 engine swap

TIA for any help!
      -Pellucid

Thanks
      Belated welcome to the forum. She's lucky to have a friend like you, helping with her car.

There are more than a few posts/threads about engine replacements/rebuilds. Dive into the search feature & ask about the things you can't find.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

pellucid (01-21-2016)

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
      Belated welcome to the forum. She's lucky to have a friend like you, helping with her car.

There are more than a few posts/threads about engine replacements/rebuilds. Dive into the search feature & ask about the things you can't find.
      Belated thank you for the belated welcome! I recognize you from ecomodder. I spent some time there when I had a 2000 Sunfire for a few years. (2.2 5spd) My best tanks with that car were 41+ mpg on the highway doing all 70mpg +/- with enough coroplast and garden edging on the front to start a recycling business.

There were some delays in the engine swap but it's in now and I'm trying to sort out a running, or lack of running, issue. It'll start but dies out quickly unless I hold down full throttle, then it just limps along at a very lopey low idle with a lot of missing.

If you have any insight please stop by the thread I'd started an am about to update.

Thanks!

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f82/h...08/#post196594