•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not an owner....yet! Help.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Question Not an owner....yet! Help.

Hi everyone. My chevy tracker 2000 was just totaled (so insurance said) and I've been looking at the aveo lt5. I'm short (4ft 11in) and need small. Why does everyone say "don't get an aveo!!" What's wrong with them?
      do you all really have major problems with the or is it just one rumor creates this spiral effect of, "don't buy one?" I love the look, I love the size, can you all give me the good and the bad and the good?

i saw this forum and thought, ahhh, a lot of owners!
      also,is there a Facebook group out there??

-barbee

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I love my aveo5. Yes i would buy it again since i have had 0 problems other than routine maintenance. I get about 37a mpg on avg, but I do about 60%a highway and drive a 5spd. I would recommend you buy an ecotec 09-11. I am actually surprised more ppl aren t answering this inquiry....
      Last edited by Pooh Man; 07-30-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks
      Me too! More replies please! I want to buy one but like I said, everyone I now keeps telling me k
      NO! Don't! I keep googling "reviews" and I don't see any except CR or Edmonds. No people reviews. Isn't there a YELP review page or FACEBOOK group? I think because there aren't enuf owner reviews, people don't buy?! I want to be assured by y'all it's ok to buy!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      My only suggestion in buy a 2009 or newer. Not because there is anything wrong with the earlier design, but because the earlier design is less friendly if the previous owner lacked on maintenance. The 09+ has a longer timing belt interval, and an engine design gm still uses.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pooh Man View Post
      I love my aveo5. Yes i would buy it again since i have had 0 problems other than routine maintenance. I get about 37a mpg on avg, but I do about 60%a highway and drive a 5spd. I would recommend you buy an ecotec 09-11. I am actually surprised more ppl aren t answering this inquiry....
      Awesome! We value your opinion and are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your Aveo! Keep it up.

Amber N.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      My only suggestion in buy a 2009 or newer. Not because there is anything wrong with the earlier design, but because the earlier design is less friendly if the previous owner lacked on maintenance. The 09+ has a longer timing belt interval, and an engine design gm still uses.
      I agree totally. I'll venture a bit further and say that AVEOs produced before 2009 are deficient in numerous ways, whereas the 2009 to present version corrected most of those issues.

My wife is also 4' 11". She needed a new car for commuting to work. In 2009 I reviewed all the cars available for that model year (after comparing it with all other available makes and models), test drove an Aveo5 with A/C and A/T, and decided it was best suited for her needs.

I told her about it before buying it, but she never actually got to see it (except in photos) or drive it until it was delivered. She absolutely LOVES the car, because it's right for her. How did I know that? Because we've been married for 33 years and I know her and what pleases her.

I do most of the routine maintenance which is relatively easy to do, and I enjoy driving it too (which is only 5% of the time, when she isn't driving it.)

The most disappointing feature is that the A/T version gets poor MPG in city driving (22-24 at best). But it gets excellent highway MPG of about 36-40 MPG at speeds of over 45 MPH. In that aspect, the MPG makes it a car of extremes. For a cheap econobox car, it's pretty good. My assessment of owning any car is that if you are over 90% satisfied with it, it's a keeper.

For us it fills the bill of what we expect from it. It all depends on what your expectations are.

Thanks
      Thanks so much for the help! Keep the reviews and info coming! I'm looking still......waiting to hear from insurance company about my old chevy whether totaled or not. Aveo so my size.!

Geo
      I'll keep it and add a turbo Geo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Yep. 09 and up! Even-though I have a 06, the later models are all around more fun to drive

Thanks
      i am now the proud owner of a 2010 chevy aveo lt!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Congratulations! Hope its a good buy for u..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast