Hi everyone. Steve here, Im from the scranton PA area, we have a 2008 aveo 1.6L thats proving to be a bit trying so looking for insights and information. SO with that here is my first problem....<br><br>Current issue is the alternator/charging system. Daughter tried starting the car after work and it wouldn't turn over just super slow crank, attempted to jump and started turned off as cables were removed, its 30F here so cold but not horrible. I asked but she is unsure if anything was on the dash before. So we remove the battery (teminals have some mild corrosion) and bring in to be sure its thawed for5 hours ( wasnt swelled or icey) charge the battery overnight @ 2amps for about 12 hours, no issues there charged 100%. Load test the battery no issues. But battery is 5 years old so just to be safe I took it to Autozone to be checked out with their digital load tester. To my surprise it came up as GOOD? SO took it home, threw it back on charge to make sure it was 100%. Tossed it in the car, cleaned terminals, cables and adjusted them to grab the battery better without movement as these OEM terminals are just "MEH". Put some vaseline on both terminals and posts and installed, posts are tight and did not turn at all. checked voltage 13.3 and waited 30 to see if there was any loss still 13.2. OK, went in read the codes low voltage, cleared codes with hand scanner. Then started it up, no lights came on at all, and charging was around 13.9 and a bit over 14.2 so its charging. Ran the car in the driveway for about a hour with no issues, lights, or hickups with heat, lights, and radio all on. SO I think cool, all fixed and goto pick up my daughter from her work stopping half a dozen places and a drive ( 25 miles there), being totally anal and wary of issues. Not a single issue. COOL! So I pick up the daughter and half way home we are doing about 35MPH and the battery light comes on, no check engine light. I throw my pocket tester in the lighter 12.9v, few seconds later 12.8 then 12.7. I figure crap its discharging so alternator. But about 1 minute later it starts charging 13.1v, 13.4, 13.8. Im like hmmmm still feeling alternator. we drive another 10 minutes and it happens again right before we get home but this time we drive a bit and it doesnt go away or recover ( thinking wonky diode). Sooo I just threw it in the garage to look at tomorrow. I have pretty much settled that its a intermittent issue with the alternator. I go onto Advance, autozone and others and they say there are 2 OPTIONS either 3 or 4 pin? I havent pulled it apart yet but the connector looks to be the same. I planned to order a alt off amazon to be delivered tomorrow but this has me stumped. Like when I remove the connector and look inside am I looking for 3 of the ports having connection vs 4 of them having connection? HELP