•  

Thread: "New" 2005 Aveo LT 5 sp manual

Thanks

"New" 2005 Aveo LT 5 sp manual

I pretty much wanted an economical reliable car to compliment my 1972 Beetle I'm driving but restoring. I need to have transpo while I do work in the other. it's actually a 2006 aveo but I cant change the subj. line.

I think I got the perfect vehicle because it only has 77,000 miles on it and has had preventative work done like timing belt change only a few hundred miles ago, replaced thermostat housing, garage kept. I just needed to replace the banana peel tires.

the brake and steering fluid seemed dirty as did power steering fluid. I changed all but power steering and gear oil. what can I do to keep these cleaner?

I plan on changing the spark plugs and engine filters. I'd like to know any gotchas I might run into. these cars seem to have very specific requirements as far as what parts you can use.

I've gotten 34mpg on mostly highway trips and a disappointing 23 mpg around town. I know my bettle that is 44 years old does the same in town and just slightly under the Aveo at 30 on the highway.

I would like to get tips on improving my Aveo mpg since I think a 1.6 litre engine should do better. I know a manual transmission comes down to how you drive it when talking mpg. the only issue is the a/c fan seems to rattle. something is out of line or loose because I can pull on the back side of it with my toe and it stops until I hit another bump.

well, my goal on the Aveo is to up the mpg and make sure it stays as reliable as possible plus some cosmetic improvements.

I put a pic of it in my garage entry.

RR

Last edited by rrb6699; 10-13-2016 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Based on 11 years experience driving my '05 5-sp, getting 34 HW means that your Aveo is running very well. And IMO, you won't be able to improve the (city or highway) MPG significantly by making any changes to the vehicle. But give it a go if you think you have a better mousetrap, and post back if you get something good to happen!

Thanks
      I sure will. sorry, I put '05 in the subject but its an '06.