•  

Thread: Hello from San Juan Puerto Rico

Thanks

Hello from San Juan Puerto Rico

Good Day ( its 11pm my time) My Name is john, I'm from NYC, living in Puerto Rico. I just purchased a used, Charcol Gray 2011 Aveo on Saturday, last week. So it's about a week old with me. I cannot deny, my lil gray ironhide could use a bit more power, but it's a great car. I'm 30 years old, like driving, car washing, reading, loud music, movies and cooking. Uh... ( i usually suck at presenting myself lol) Oh yeah, i'd like to get to know other owners, be it here on line, in PR, or globally, and get some ideas to dress up my car, or at least keep it running in optimum condition. I also have some questions about the AVEO's.
      1. Where can I find information about what model i have? Mine doesn't say much, like 1LT or 2LT, nor the dealer i brought it in, doesn't know, just that it came from Florida. ( which matched some government paper i found in the glove compartment)
      2. How reliable are they?
      3. Are repairs and parts cheap? ( i know light mechanical things so i can do most myself)
      4. Can I find a bottom cover for the engine? ( no one here in PR seems to understand what i need, it;s the splash guard on the bottom)
      5. I have the original Factory Rims. Can i spray paint them, since they are a bit rusty, and not worry about them messing up? ( my old 96 Suzuki Vitara/Sidekick had alloy rims so im not used to original factory ones)

That's all I can think of for now, probably more things would come up as I get used to the car.

thanks for your time, my personal email is jbetancourt01@gmail.com

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      If it came from Florida then it should be an ecotec. Very reliable, one recall on the 09s, and doesn't have the problems the old e tec had.

Parts are about on par with most vehicles, not cheap but not too expensive either.

What options do you have? If its an auto, then it is 1lt or 2lt. Although you said it had original factory rims...14" steelies or 15" alloys? Do you have sunroof/foglights? A/c? Cruise control?

I don't think you will find a splash guard for an aveo anywhere, you will have to make one

Also, I think some websites offer a vin lookup that will tell you trim level

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here with us! good luck with your Aveo!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Thanks
      Thanks and 14 steel ones. No fog lights, or power windows or locks. Just a/c am/fm CD and mp3 radio. I did notice one thing. I have side airbags. I read I'm not supposed to though. Do you know what's the page to check vin numbers?