•  

Thread: Hello from Atlantic Canada

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Hello from Atlantic Canada

Hello,

As of yesterday I'm now the owner of what was formally my younger brothers 2010 Chevrolet Aveo5. I don't really know why I bought it since I already own a 2006 Kia Rio5 but I guess now I'm the owner of 2 economy hatchbacks.

I guess it's a twofold reason. First the Aveo is a manual transmission and I've never owned a manual vehicle aside from my motorcycle so I wanted to experience a manual transmission car as a somewhat daily driver.
      Considering my lack of stick shift experience I was pleased that I was able to drive it around town with the only hiccup being I kept putting it in 3rd gear instead of 1st when I came to a stop.

The second reason I bought it off him is that it's been a bit of a problematic vehicle since he bought it, what with overheating issues, a potentially leaky head gasket, and some ECU gremlins it hasn't been very reliable.
      So by me buying it he was able to buy a much newer vehicle that should be more reliable, and since I already own my reliable little Kia I can afford the time to suss out issues with the Aveo and repair them and still have a working vehicle.

So with thst said, I figured joining a forum dedicated to the Aveo would be a good idea since I'll likely be teasing out issues with this car for a while and having this wealth of knowledge at my disposal will come in handy for sure.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Oh yeah here's a picture of my "new" ride (next to my Rio) during a snowstorm because Canada.

Name:  PXL_20210404_191359326.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  323.2 KB