•  

Thread: Canadian driven Mexican made South Korean car for an American company

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Post Canadian driven Mexican made South Korean car for an American company

Hi there!

I bought my 2010 Chevy Aveo5 in February of this year - 232000 km on her when I got her (closing in on 246 now). She's granite grey metallic and named Speedy Gonsales.

Since February I've kept a log of all the things I've done to keep her on the road...and the list just gets longer everyday.

I've spent a lot of money on her already, and will continue to do so (cars are money pits) but dammit! I actually kind of dig her! She's already lasted longer than my first car by 3 months (1994 Ford Probe, engine literally fell out after 3 months) and is closing in on my second car (1999 Olds Alero - ate starters, lasted 9 months), she's a wicked colour and compliments my team's colours well . Just wish her stereo was stronger and using the AC didn't make her freak out.

Sorry if the photos are a bit wonky.

Attached Images Attached Images   
      Last edited by LQ88; 07-18-2019 at 04:16 AM.

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      Yo - love your intro hah.. something about the vin tell one where the car was made I remember reading that when I first joined the forum. Its an odd car with a funny story to say anything. Just a cheers to another car that wont die without a fight

Thanks
      Hey,

Thank you for the reply! Yeah, if your VIN starts with 1 it was made in the States, if it starts with 2, Canada and 3 Mexico.

Right now I'm waiting to get the Downstream O2 sensor, Oil pressure switch, and strut mounts put in (my CEL and oil light is on but one thing I've learned about this car is that the sensors suck and mean nothing). I'm ordering a new drivers side CV joint and will probably need new Spark Plugs again (used Fuel System cleaner - I think it screwed em up - she's shifting at a higher RPM again like she did with the crappy spark plugs) and I probably need a new fuel pump too.

She's an expensive car to keep on the road, but I don't think the person that had her before me took car of her so I'm trying to bring her back to life.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by LQ88 View Post
      Hi there!

I bought my 2010 Chevy Aveo5 in February of this year - 232000 km on her when I got her (closing in on 246 now). She's granite grey metallic and named Speedy Gonsales. happy wheels

Since February I've kept a log of all the things I've done to keep her on the road...and the list just gets longer everyday.

I've spent a lot of money on her already, and will continue to do so (cars are money pits) but dammit! I actually kind of dig her! She's already lasted longer than my first car by 3 months (1994 Ford Probe, engine literally fell out after 3 months) and is closing in on my second car (1999 Olds Alero - ate starters, lasted 9 months), she's a wicked colour and compliments my team's colours well . Just wish her stereo was stronger and using the AC didn't make her freak out.

Sorry if the photos are a bit wonky.
      Very nice looking Aveo!