•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on here? Just got 05 Aveo standard

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Get the misfire code checked if there is a check engine light and as far as the whining sound um let it sit over night like go to sleep lol and when you wake up take the serpentine belt off and cranker up lol the water pump should be ran by the timing belt so you can crank it for a few seconds long enough to be able to tell and if the whining stops with the belt check your pulleys if it continues it could be a number.of things honestly tranny, timing pulleys going bad if you took out the factory air intake box and put in a aftermarket system with the open element conical filters itll have a.slight whine to it

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      A small pending evap leak can be a loose or failed fuel cap, bad vent valve, loose fuel pressure sensor, leaky purge solenoid, or just cracked hoses.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Eg.h2o View Post
      A small pending evap leak can be a loose or failed fuel cap, bad vent valve, loose fuel pressure sensor, leaky purge solenoid, or just cracked hoses.
      All my vaccum line hoses have been replaced but not any of the evap hoses could u tell me where it is I'm really familiar with the car I always thought there was a part of the evap system right behind the intake manifold I got a glimpse of it once or twice

Thanks
      Honestly after I first got it and read up on the timing belt problems I was shocked to learn that the factory belt lasted 160,000 miles but it was cracked in three spots all the way around it so I gues I got really really lucky

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Joshstewat210 View Post
      I always thought there was a part of the evap system right behind the intake manifold I got a glimpse of it once or twice
      that would be the purge valve or solenoid. (people interchange the vernacular)
      youtube the key words I used in my previous post with the words Chevrolet Aveo and you will find many videos on where they are and how to change them.
      Last edited by Eg.h2o; 03-28-2022 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks
      Sweet thanks hey I got a question guys the chevy aveo rear axle is an independent rear axle so it cant be aligned have any of you fixed this with the camber adjustment kit you can add too the back

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks

Thanks

Almost there

Quote Originally Posted by OPIUM 05 View Post
      Well the misfire light came on today again idk was fine for awhile and isn't idling as smoothly as it was before the garage replaced the gasket seal for the second time, for free of course cause the first one wasn't put on right and was leaking again. What are the timing components? I thought about replacing the belt but doesn't look to bad or squeal anymore. You think it could be a faulty sensor saying there is a misfire still?
      So I was originally wrong with saying they replaced my head gasket seal. They replaced my valve cover seal and again thinking the oil leaking and burning was because of it. Third time in they finally see my head gasket seal is warped in a place causing oil leak and that misfire code to come back. So all parts have lifetime warranty but I'm not about to spend 200 on "their" head gasket seal when I found a decent one for 80 bucks. I also got a new timing belt and pump thingy since my buddy said it be easy for them to replaced that while they did the head gasket seal. I even ordered a new serpentine belt so hopefully by the first weekend of April it will be finally fixed 56k miles n half. Also I need my left rear Cylinder replaced its leaking fluid. After all this ill be in little over $5k. As of now been driving my truck until the parts come in. 🙏 this is it lol

Thanks

She is finally fixed

So turns out after buying the car for $3,400 and with repairs I'm at $6,438 into it but she is like-new. Turns out the misfire code was a head gasket warp which my mechanic and I were surprised about seeing as the car had 56k miles. Needless to say after brand new rear shocks, 4 new tires new brakes and rotors and new wires and plugs and coil pack. Along with new head gasket, new timing and water pump and serpentine belt and all new seals. She is like new, I just hit 58k yesterday and no problems or engine light. Getting about 33 mpg so in the end hope its worth it. No one is gonna give me 7k for this car so I have started taking apart the dash to customize. It was a painful expensive journey but she is in top condition

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Surprisingly, Aveos T200 are sold for 7-8k $ in Colombia...

I really don't know why...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast