•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on here? Just got 05 Aveo standard

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Anyone on here? Just got 05 Aveo standard

Be nice to connect with someone who knows about my old newish car. Have the red Sedan 05 manual. I bought it from a tweaker and unfortunately been having to but lots of work into it. Back shocks were completely out. Keep having engine misfire code and the motor wines loudly replaced the plugs and wires and now next is coil pack. It vibrates the wheel quite a bit after 60 was told needs new tires in front so ordered those. Having a hard time I got this because I needed to save money on insurance and gas and life on my truck that I put 26k miles on in the first year I had it. Car is about to turn over to 56k I'm above blue-book value already in buying and repairs. Just curious if anyone figured out in all this time or still around how to change the ball on the shifter

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Welcome to the forums.

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      https://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f94/...my-aveo-20626/

it’s glued on but it can be removed.

Thanks
      So I have replaced the coil pack, wires and plugs. The misfire light came on a couple times but then went out for my whole 300 mile trip today so think that's finally okay. Replaced front tires rotors and pads. New head gasket seal and air intake hose. Still need to replace the back tires but finally running good and not swaying like a boat anymore

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      It’s good you’re heading in the right direction with this car! Now make sure to change the timing components before you blow the engine. They should be changed every 60,000mi max.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Good to know.

I thought than I was needing to change the timing belt, because it's now 80.000 Km., but I see I got some room yet...

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      Given how old the belt is, I would change it now. They dry out with age and can break prematurely.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      It was replaced when the car was over 80.000 Km., a while ago, and now it have 160.000 Km.

Anyways, my intention is to replace it soon, with some of the bushings, and maybe the front stabilizer, if I can find one stiffer than the stock one.
      Last edited by Enxebre; 03-05-2022 at 01:13 AM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Eg.h2o View Post
      It’s good you’re heading in the right direction with this car! Now make sure to change the timing components before you blow the engine. They should be changed every 60,000mi max.
      Well the misfire light came on today again idk was fine for awhile and isn't idling as smoothly as it was before the garage replaced the gasket seal for the second time, for free of course cause the first one wasn't put on right and was leaking again. What are the timing components? I thought about replacing the belt but doesn't look to bad or squeal anymore. You think it could be a faulty sensor saying there is a misfire still?

Thanks
      I have a 2006 aveo.LT 1.6L with 190,000 miles and she runs like she has 10,000 but It took alot of money to keep it up I payed 1000$ for mine I've put more into it than that so I'll start at the beginning..When i bought the car it was knocking but just by opening the hood and looking around I found it to be the serpentine belt tensioner was bad so replaced it fixed the knocking...2nd in the middle of installing a cold air intake I got curious about the timing belt and boy was she a mess the original timing belt lasted 160,000 miles I didnt know that,, changed water pump and both pulleys the new belt has 10,000 miles on it and shes holding strong and looking good while doing it next go around imma change both cam gears up top..3rd .
      I had the blinking check engine light turned out oil was leaking into the spark plug wells, changed valve cover gasket, plugs and wires fixed the problem...4th I had the plastic wire splicer in the engine fuse box it's on the right it burned out and caused my lights to not work so I had to find a wire diagram and spliced them all together with the wire connectors that you crimp and wrapped it well with electrical tape..5th the dreaded GROWLLL!!! my wheel bearings went out😆😁 after 6 months of driving with pretty much no wheel bearings I finally decided to fix it,, replaced both wheel bearings and ended replacing the driver side wheel hub, and drive side cv axle, and both left and right lower control arms, dont drive on bad wheel bearings cause everything else goes with it 😁😁 6th... my oil pressure switch sprung a leak and leaked my oil out all of it I replaced it but my oil pressure light would flash at idle and boy did I dread the worst but the actual connector that plugged into the switch has a green rubber grommet on it that came off so it wasnt in there good replaced the grommet now the plug fits tight no more oil pressure light... 7th... she had a bad hiccup like 2 or 3 when I would accelerate so it took me a second to diagnose but it turned out that my camshaft position sensor wires were bare and the ignition coil pack wires were bare on the plug as well so I took and put 1 drop of super glue on the bare spot it wasnt big big and wrapped it with electrical tape heavy duty... I ended up wrapping all the wires ontop because they barely had any insulation so TPS wires, fuel injector wires all of it pretty much lol and yesterday I took and drained a Qt of oil and filled it back up with Seafoam( Love this stuff the only additive I'll even consider using) drove for roughly about 75 miles pulled her back home and changed the oil so now shes as perfect as she could possibly be but I do have one last problem I don't have a check engine light but I do have a.code for a small evap leak I've only checked the charcoal canister in the rear behind passenger tire... and then I gave up lol so anything on the small evap.leak would be great... oh and I done all the work by myself I tried to get an extra pair of hands but everyone refused to work on my aveo with idk why but I am happy to say if your prepping for a big job on dont worry it nots that hard if your a little bit mechanically inclined and have the right size tools it can be done easy the biggest tool I had to use was a 41mm open end wrench to remove water pump but it wasnt a special tool I had a 36mm open end wrench and I ground it to a 41mm lol I have a caliper set the measure to the thousandths of an inch so it was simple and it worked

Last edited by Joshstewat210; 03-28-2022 at 02:18 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast