Just picked up an Aveo (striped) to replace my Geo Metro, I live 100 from the nearest store so shopping is a day event and with my Ford F-350 a $70 drive (3/3/2017) when I can get to the highway. I was going to rebuild the engine on the metro but the winter storm dumped 4' drifts on the road (my grader can't clear, no traction on the 3" of solid ice below the snow) so no means to get the engine into the shop until the road clears.
I caught a ride into town and picked up the Aveo, it's parked next to the county road and I get to it with my snowmobile or walking 2 miles.
The first thing I noticed was the power, I could get on the freeway without fear! Going over Rattlesnake pass at 80mph was, different. The ride was quiet compared to the metro, I can talk on my phone and hear the other party! The steering isn't as 'twitchy' with 14" tire as my metro with 12" tires so it's easier to drive and not worry about over reacting, something you don't want to do in deer county.
Other than the strange mechanical issues and the dented roof (someone walked on it?) it's a keeper.