•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBP Crankshaft Pulley

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

JBP Crankshaft Pulley

Ok, so I've been talking to Mev more since he saw the post you guys have been filling up with ideas, and he says that it can all be done in time.

For now, he wants to focus on the pulley system. He is thinking an Aluminum T-6061, same diameter as stock with a severe weight loss and structural increase to make it a winner. Most GM crankshaft pulleys when re-designed end up costing approximately $150~175 MSRP.

However, as a special to this board and DLSpeed/CobaltSuperStore, we are able to offer this pulley at $120. This is 30% off the normal manufacturing cost of the GM Pulleys.

We would like to obtain 50% down for anyone wanting to participate in this bulk buy. I am trying to get Daniel's OEM Crankshaft Pulley for them to use for testing, and they said it will be maximum 3 months (February) until they begin shipping out.

This is an amazing deal, one I don't want you guys to miss out on. Unlike the pulley Daniel and I tried to market before, this one still uses the factory belt size, so there's no guessing or chancing on the belt fitment. This also means that you won't get alternator lag, so your sound system won't be hurt by this upgrade.

Here's the Replacement Pulley they designed for the Cobalt. This retails for over $300, and your's will be very similar. What a deal!

http://www.jbodyperformance.com/new/Par ... ame=JP0710

I have also been talking to him about making copies of the Underdrive Pulley Dan and I have, and he is very interested in it as well. I am going to be hopefully sending it to him (with Daniel's approval) to get the specs and start making it as well. Hopefully it will be the same price, with the new belt available through us for $10 more.

Anyone who wants to get in on this, please respond and send us $62 via PayPal to quickpay@dlspeedonline.com.

We want to get this going, so even if you can't afford $62 right now with Christmas coming around the corner, let me know what I can front some of it for you, it will just mean a higher payoff balance down the road. Send me what you can and let's get this going!

-- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks

Re: JBP Crankshaft Pulley

What kind of increase is replacing that Pulley worth?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

well, gimme 2 weeks, u said 3 months... plus u got some of my money still, so im sure we can def. work sumtin out here...
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XJCasper

the weight of the pulley is where your increase will be, and the might have a gain of up to 5 hp.. might. usually you see a gain of 5-7 hp on a light weight pulley for an engine in the 200-250 hp range. but different engine design only drop different amounts of weight safely. since the pulley is not undersized you will still have the same drag from your accessories. this is where most pulleys claim to increases of 10-15 hp,because there is less drag. the real benefit of this pulley is less mass will help you gain rpms faster. a light weight pulley with a light weight flywheel and high performance clutch will run through the rpm's much faster than stock, getting you into the power band faster for better throttle response.

speaking of which i am interested. will this fit the new engine? and why such a long lead time?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      Quote Originally Posted by XJCasper

the weight of the pulley is where your increase will be, and the might have a gain of up to 5 hp.. might. usually you see a gain of 5-7 hp on a light weight pulley for an engine in the 200-250 hp range. but different engine design only drop different amounts of weight safely. since the pulley is not undersized you will still have the same drag from your accessories. this is where most pulleys claim to increases of 10-15 hp,because there is less drag. the real benefit of this pulley is less mass will help you gain rpms faster. a light weight pulley with a light weight flywheel and high performance clutch will run through the rpm's much faster than stock, getting you into the power band faster for better throttle response.

speaking of which i am interested. will this fit the new engine? and why such a long lead time?
      You forgot that you can increase your MPG as well because your engine does not have to work as hard. Pulleys have been in and out of production for a few years, just nothing staple because of lack of demand (or at least people actually buying).

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

sorry,i forgot that. i dont mod to increase mpg. i mod to go faster.

Thanks

Thanks Dan. Yea, we did a small production attempt with Daniel's UDP, but it never hit off and now it's sitting here. JBP is willing to produce it in mass if it is desired (and paid for).

With Daniel's, we saw an immediate increase of I believe 4hp on his Automatic Aveo with The Goat Intake, Ported Exhaust Manifold, Custom Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Muffler, and NGK Plugs/Wires. Before was 86fwhp, after was 90-91fwhp.

Tuned and with a 5spd and lightweight drivetrain it can make a difference.
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks

I'm interested, but our excess cash got absorbed into a family emergency. So, I will watch this thread until thins go through.

I'm possibly into this.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme 2
      With Daniel's, we saw an immediate increase of I believe 4hp on his Automatic Aveo with The Goat Intake, Ported Exhaust Manifold, Custom Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Muffler, and NGK Plugs/Wires. Before was 86fwhp, after was 90-91fwhp.

was the dyno before and after only the pulley? or was all that stuff put on for 4 hp?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

[quote=petrified.rabbit]
      Quote Originally Posted by "xtreme 2":36nxh90m

was the dyno before and after only the pulley? or was all that stuff put on for 4 hp?[/quote:36nxh90m]

Just the pulley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast