•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: <<< H&R Sport Springs @ Throwdown Performance!!!

Thanks

Re: <<< H&R Sport Springs @ Throwdown Performance!!!

how much do they go for? i reaaaaalllly want these.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EvySpeedy254
      how much do they go for? i reaaaaalllly want these.
      Click on the link in the first post, right above the picture. It will take you to the page on their site with price and everything on it. You can order it straight from there.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

oh crap i need to start paying more attention....thanks.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Let us know if you have any other questions!!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

224 is over priced. I got mine a few months back from ebay for under 200 shipped brand new. I dunno about other peoples feeling but im tired of new vendors popping in from time to time selling something that I can find at a dozen other places. Why cant a vendor come in selling something thats not already all over the internet. For example like a turbo kit or performance exhaust and so on.

Thanks

Maybe if people showed interest in vendor's products that might cost a little more, those vendors would be more inclined to go find more parts for our cars. If you keep going to the lowest bidder I can guarantee they'll never do such things, and eventually they'll just forget about the whole Aveo scene.

I've seen it happen many times. A great example of this is Hotshot. They were a company that used to make headers. Then, OBX (a Chinese company) stole their header designs (literally exact duplicates), made them in China and put them out of business because they could sell them cheaper. There was a lawsuit, but suing Chinese companies is pretty futile and very costly. Now, there is no more Hotshot to design headers for new cars. Of course there are still other header companies out there that you could go to, but whats to stop OBX from doing it to them? The answer is your money. You don't pay them, they don't make money. Is it more expensive? Heck yeah it is. But, IMO thats what it costs. Also where there is interest in products, more products will be made because there is money there. Is OBX going to design your next product? Only if they can copy it from someone else who has already done the work.

Basically, if you don't help them out, you aren't gonna get any help back. Lots of people complain about not having parts, this is why. Modding cars isn't cheap, especially for less popular vehicles where you don't have hundreds of people buying the same part. Thats just the way it is. Support the people who support you.

So, thats my rant on why finding the cheapest products isn't usually the best thing to do.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by master_daewoo
      224 is over priced. I got mine a few months back from ebay for under 200 shipped brand new. I dunno about other peoples feeling but im tired of new vendors popping in from time to time selling something that I can find at a dozen other places. Why cant a vendor come in selling something thats not already all over the internet. For example like a turbo kit or performance exhaust and so on.
      i dont mind spending a little extra to buy from a good vender, most people do not want to touch the the aveo anyways because it is a daewoo or a GM car, which makes it harder to get anything done, or the lack of people who want to buy anything to begin with

start up some group buys, im in lol

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Your talking about headers made from two different companys. I understand all that but I bought the same exact springs hes selling for a lower price. Its not like I bought a knock off or anything. I would buy it from throwdown if he made them but he didnt hes just buying parts already made and slinging them for a lil more money. Will I see anything custom from him 99% no. I myself have been working on a cheap turbo kit for everyone for the past 3 months that bolts to the stock header and the turbo sits where the stock cat is. I have to brush it aside for now because my aveo ticks pretty bad when facing down hill or hard breaking. But anyways im just hijacking a thread I will stop my rant.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Understand your frustration. A few things just to note: We will price match and if possible beat our competitors pricing without a problem. One thing to note tho, is that many of these companies you speak or are not authorized to sell those products, price below they are allowed to, or are just dumping inventory as there is a limited aveo market. Just contact us with any questions and we'd be more than happy to work with you on anything like that

As was mentioned, the Aveo market is extreme niche. With the economy many companies are hesitant to produce products for cars other than mainstream mod machines (Evos, STI's, etc) due to demand. Unfortunately it's tough to get new products made for the Aveo unless there really was greater demand, but we are always keeping our ear to the ground for not only new items, but items that you guys may have not heard before.

We are here for you guys, so please let us know if we can help. And if you see better pricing on something, just let us know about it and we'd be happy to try to help you out! As a company, we are not only known for our customer service and our fast delivery, we are known for our pricing as well!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

There are parts out there for the aveo in plenty, you just need to go international to find them. Its not that the aveo is so much "niche", just mostly in america. Internationally, these cars are very popular due to different countries economic statuses, emisions standards, living conditions, road conditions, etc, etc... I believe I saw this on the daewoo board:
      Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick 2, you cant have the third. Most people want cheap and fast while hoping for reliable. good luck.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast