•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WOLFMAN AK907's Build Thread

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

WOLFMAN AK907's Build Thread

Hey guys, I'm new to the site and also a proud new Aveo owner for the past few weeks. I love this new car. It seems to be doing surprisingly well here in the snow too being as I live in Alaska. I haven't figured out how to upload pictures to this site yet, but you can view them at http://www.myspace.com/anagnostou. Comment back with any sugestions for aftermarket please. I'm having trouble finding mods for it. Thanks.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: 2009 New Body Style Aveo5

hey Wolfman! Welcome to the forums!! Nice ride! If you have any questions try using the search mode. If not I'm sure one of us will be glad to help you!!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

there really are not too many performance mods available.

i would say springs and a cold air intake to start. but being in alaska, you will become a snow plow and have REALLY cold air intake which might not run, or warm up?

everything else is kind of hard to get/find. There is talk of a short shifter group buy.. and Xiaogary sells parts out of singapore. and you can make some things on your own. which direction are you hoping to go?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      there really are not too many performance mods available.

i would say springs and a cold air intake to start. but being in alaska, you will become a snow plow and have REALLY cold air intake which might not run, or warm up?

everything else is kind of hard to get/find. There is talk of a short shifter group buy.. and Xiaogary sells parts out of singapore. and you can make some things on your own. which direction are you hoping to go?

Well, I couldnt find any aftermarket headlights or taillights for it, so I ordered 12000K HIDs and smoked my headlights and taillights with a tint film from decalfx.com. I'm getting my windows tinted next week. Also we get our cars to warm up here buy covering the whole radiator with cardboard, I painted mine black so you can't tell its there. All I'm after now is a cold-air intake, and possibly a new cat-back exhaust system but just a low growl not a scream lol. I'm looking for nice, not rice. I saw some of the singapore cars, I'd like they're factory headlights w/out amber reflectors and they're factory body kit. I need to also get the stock chevy wing. Any ideas how to find singapore parts?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

xaiogary on here is from singapore, and sells parts on ebay, and ships them to the US

instead of tinting your headlights you should do the DIY on blacking them out, then you could taske the reflector out at the same time. also 12000K HIDs? how much light output is that aren't those like dark purple?

the cold air intake will need modified to fit, the 09 throttle body is at a slightly different angle from what i can tell from pictures..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      xaiogary on here is from singapore, and sells parts on ebay, and ships them to the US

instead of tinting your headlights you should do the DIY on blacking them out, then you could taske the reflector out at the same time. also 12000K HIDs? how much light output is that aren't those like dark purple?

the cold air intake will need modified to fit, the 09 throttle body is at a slightly different angle from what i can tell from pictures..

I'm a little weary about taking apart my headlight housings, but I may do that, it would look better that way. Yes, 12000K is like a blue-violet. Everyone in this town has blue, so I wanted it to stand apart from the rest. I think my local chevy dealer sells a AEM cold-air intake kit for the 09', I have to double-check.

Thanks

Hello everyone, thread revival. This site's been down for quite a while, but it's great to see it up again with members frequenting it. A lot of changes to my 09' Aveo5 since I last posted. I ditched the 17's for some 15's for summer (with coilovers pending) and 16's for winter. Axle-back straight-piped exhaust for now, but running a 2.5" straight-pipe back from the header this summer into a Flowmaster 60 series muffler. I made a custom short-ram intake for it. Added a 7-color LED interior and underbody lighting kit. Tore apart my headlights and painted the inside flat black. Swapped the 12000K HIDs for some purple ones. Finally tracked down the factory foglight kit for the 09 and modified the housings to hold a set of 3000K yellow H3 HID's. Converted all the bulbs to LEDs. Custom stainless brushed shift knob with Greek flag that says GREECE below it with leather MOMO boot. I'm currently working with a company called BlackCatCustom who's designing custom gauge-faces for the 07-current Aveo Sedan/09-current Aveo5. I believe he's also designing something a little different than what's out there for the 1G Aveo's as well. I've been messing around in the shop lately designing some under-chassis bracing and some different bushings...the front end under these cars definitely needs some attention. http://www.ultraracingcanada.com sells some pretty cool stuff for the Aveo, but I'm trying to design some different parts that need addressing. Petrified.Rabbit is also about to start fabbing some really cool parts as well, so keep your eye out for his posts.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Looking forward for your parts!!!! Post them up here... and 3k HID's are the best for fogs! That's what I had in my CX-7, HHR 2LT, and in Aveo!!!

Here's a picture of my 3K HID's in my aftermarket projection fogs...

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

Yeah, retro-fitting HID's into the 09' fog housings was fairly easy. They look good. I'll keep you posted as I complete my projects...been dragging my feet a bit lately.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      Looking forward for your parts!!!! Post them up here... and 3k HID's are the best for fogs! That's what I had in my CX-7, HHR 2LT, and in Aveo!!!

Here's a picture of my 3K HID's in my aftermarket projection fogs...

WOW, that looks good.
      I really need your help this summer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast