•  
    Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Towing with an Aveo

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      old_biker what is light and what is heavy, also perhaps you need a small flat deck trailer

What do you mean there's no turbo? gclark8's Avatar
      Thanks
      Name:  Picture 135.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  122.9 KB
      From the Photo, the max ball weight is 10% of the gross towing weight.
      So, for a 350kg (gross) trailer, the max ball weight would be 35kg.

I understand 350kg is the max weight for a "Light" towing category.

Edit: A little more information.
      The manual for my new Jimny has a good section on towing.
      The max un-braked trailer weight: 350kg
      Ball weight from min 25 to max 75kg, they suggest measuring this using bathroom scales.
      (They must have big bathrooms in Japan!)
      Last edited by gclark8; 02-16-2019 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Bathroom Scales!
      no image

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      Good to note those specs, Gclark8.. the Curt Class 1 hitch and receiver I use are rated at 2000lbs tow and 200lbs tongue weight. I've read other specs to say with that you should back off to 1500lbs max and 150lbs tongue. I've definitely 'over done it' a few times. For example:
      Name:  to tow or not to tow.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  302.1 KB
      I might be a little too .. whats the word .. adventurous... moronic .. hmmm

But on a more realistic note this dump trailer that came with my land is farmer made and it rocks! I love it!
      Name:  i luv my dump trailer.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  324.4 KB
      I do dump runs with it, driving over to my sisters place to bring/get tools. This combo is essentially the pickup truck I've never had, and now I understand why pickup owners love having the open bed. Honestly just out of pure laziness I leave this thing hooked all the time when I can and rather than put anything in my car, I just chuck it in the trailer. Heaviest load on this was shingles, probably up there with the 2000lb rating, but you can see with that long tongue it kept the tongue weight liftable, I'd say around 150lbs.

Next year I'm gonna take the flat decker I made out of aluminum for the tiny travel trailer, and barn fence it with a drop-ramp thingy at the back for loading an ATV/dirtbike etc. I'll post pics when I get that one done. I'm going Timbren trailing arm axles on that build. Check out Timbren, they are awesome and look to be the new standard in off road trailers.

Btw folks who are on this forum and don't know me, the car has Firestone Coilrite airbags on the rear suspension. Not possible without 'em.

P.S. folks - I dont do plugs or any of that sortof thing. I am just declaring what works for my setup, its just I see folks monetizing things and I am not one of them.

Last edited by northguest47; 12-07-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789