Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: silver 06 hatch

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: silver 06 hatch

Quote Originally Posted by croush
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      that is an 06-08 spoiler, the 09 spoiler is much larger.
      Ah. Then I was misinformed. Still, I dig it.

Thanks for the heads-up. The after-market industry seems to be quite confused by the model years of the Aveo series. Those vent visors were listed on Amazon as incompatible with the '07 model, but the box said otherwise. Weird.
      well, the stock one might be much larger, but this spoiler is sold on eBay as 09-10 Aveo Hatchback "OEM STYLE" lip spoiler. They don't promise that it will be identical to OEM, in fact, they do let you know ahead of time that the mounting holes won't match up if you already have some from the stock spoiler.

But as far as the dimensions of the top of the roof/rear deck back there they're identical, so if it will fit on the first gen - it will fit on the 2nd... and the other way around.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

Absolutely amazing car live the body kit. Not to transformer likr other cars going Overboard. Anywho I have the same projector head lights any problems with them. Well mine are my projectors keep falling down off the housing and I have to keep snapping it back. I've been wondering exactly what kind of hid can we use on them. I heard we cannot mos def use hid? How did u get them to wrk with no problem? N what website can we go to. To order the bodys kits I'm lookin to buy skirts and that rear bumber kit. The front I'm having custom bondoed taillights spaces and molding on a Honda fit carbon fiber lip.... Have u done anything to your interior if so have any pictures?

Oh yes. N how did u get the speedometer gauges to be that blue in cole. I changed my stock to blue ones I bought from autozone but I really dislike the barely blue but greenish tint to it still I even took apart the cluster to see if there's some kind of green film. But nothing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EvySpeedy254
      Absolutely amazing car live the body kit. Not to transformer likr other cars going Overboard. Anywho I have the same projector head lights any problems with them. Well mine are my projectors keep falling down off the housing and I have to keep snapping it back. I've been wondering exactly what kind of hid can we use on them. I heard we cannot mos def use hid? How did u get them to wrk with no problem? N what website can we go to. To order the bodys kits I'm lookin to buy skirts and that rear bumber kit. The front I'm having custom bondoed taillights spaces and molding on a Honda fit carbon fiber lip.... Have u done anything to your interior if so have any pictures?

Oh yes. N how did u get the speedometer gauges to be that blue in cole. I changed my stock to blue ones I bought from autozone but I really dislike the barely blue but greenish tint to it still I even took apart the cluster to see if there's some kind of green film. But nothing.
      For HIDs I used a file to make the bulb opeoning just a little larger to fit HID bulb and drilled a hole in the back bulb cover to get the HID bulb wires through.

I switched back to OEM blacked out housing though for a better beam pattern. (IMO anyways)

And use the forum's search function to find led cluster lighting swap.

Thanks

evyspeedy, you can check out how I re-did my lights in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27708

Thanks

Just thought that I'd post it up in this thread that the rest of the story of this car is here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27708

Banned
      Thanks
      Cool Car!!! Thinking u must be very professional!!! I absolutely and totally and utterly adore u! o(^_^)o

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Seriously hoping that is lost in translation. but if not, maybe hell fund your free trip to china?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by serega12 View Post
      So here's what I've done to my 06 Hatch... (it's a 5-speed with about 28k miles)

Comments welcome!!!

or try to dim the led eyelid,,,

did the kit came with this nice fitment? any pic of the kit just put it on the first time out of the box ?

it reminds me one time i park into a stall, there was a concrete bar at the end,
      and my black widow front bumper of my cr-x went beyond the concrete bar, i was like oh ****, back it up and the whole thing ripped off...

how about put bondo to fill the gap for your original turn signals? to make the turn signal disappear
      Last edited by PERFECT_ESL; 09-01-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by PERFECT_ESL View Post
      or try to dim the led eyelid,,,

did the kit came with this nice fitment? any pic of the kit just put it on the first time out of the box ?

it reminds me one time i park into a stall, there was a concrete bar at the end,
      and my black widow front bumper of my cr-x went beyond the concrete bar, i was like oh ****, back it up and the whole thing ripped off...

how about put bondo to fill the gap for your original turn signals? to make the turn signal disappear
      Whatever is on the site is probably all I have for pictures. The car has been sold for a few months now.
      no, the kit didn't fit too well out of the box. some drilling/cutting of the fiberglass was required. As far as the eyelids, they never made it to the final design. And a autozone didn't sell dimmed leds. Plus I didn't mind parking lights that would actually light up a few feet in front of the car with headlights off.
      And for the previous comment, no, I'm not a professional, this was all for fun. A practice run to see what I want to do and what I don't on a nicer car. Definitely wouldn't do fiberglass again. Keeping original optics with upgraded bulbs.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by PERFECT_ESL View Post
      As for the turn signals, didn't want to permanently delete them because I was thinking about possibly getting another set of turn signals, making them clear, and putting in switchback leds.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast