•  
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: rice or nice?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: rice or nice?

definitely rice, and the inside is horrid.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

So by that definition a STOCK aveo with a rear wing...or any Factory car with a wing is RICE, huh? ANY car with a factory body kit is RICE correct?

ANY cosmetic enhancement that are only effective OVER the Federal speed limit would be considered rice, correct? So the Porsche with a height adjustable wing the starts to extend at only 35MPH is RICE correct? Because after all who needs an automatically adj speed sensing wing on a street car?

Tell them it is rice, because after all it is a race inspired part that is completely worthless at regular street speeds.
      http://www.myspace.com/trtengineering
      http://profiles.friendster.com/trtengineering

2008 "Spicy Orange" Aveo NEXT(yes, it is actually a limited edition called...NEXT)

Thanks

i say lose the front bumber and the interior stuff and go for the rally look with those scoops =)....and get a rear spoiler too
      just my 2 scents
      ULTRA RACING canada goodies available here ://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Espresso
      So by that definition a STOCK aveo with a rear wing...or any Factory car with a wing is RICE, huh? ANY car with a factory body kit is RICE correct?

ANY cosmetic enhancement that are only effective OVER the Federal speed limit would be considered rice, correct? So the Porsche with a height adjustable wing the starts to extend at only 35MPH is RICE correct? Because after all who needs an automatically adj speed sensing wing on a street car?

Tell them it is rice, because after all it is a race inspired part that is completely worthless at regular street speeds.
      Factory wings provide proven aerodynamic enhancements.

Porsche offers that adjustable wing because when a driver takes his car racing, it is important to have high speed stability. Just because YOU do not take your car to a track, does not mean others dont either.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

my audi TT had a mandatory recall. i had to take it to the dealership to have a spoiler installed, FREE!

the reason was the design without the rear spoiler lost traction in the rear end from lift at @ 70 mph.
      they had a few cars actually flip. So audi issued spoilers for every audi TT produced.

the new audi TT's have the retractable spoiler.

there are other examples. like the new beetle. when they made the turbo S version, it was capable of going fast enough that the factory put a retractable spoiler on it.

Factory is not "rice". Even on a Japanese car. However, a lot of people in the VW scene feel that the cobalt SS and even the STI wings are rice, because they are not "needed" aerodynamically.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Espresso

A car with a ridiculously sized wing that won't ever be used because the car can't reach speeds high enough for practical use of the wing is rice. This car is rice mainly because of the non-functional hood scoop, and I've never been a fan of the razzi kit, too complicated and the front sticks out way to far. And again, the inside is the most ing thing I've ever seen. And I didn't notice until just now it also has a roof scoop, this car is the definition of rice.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

im hungry for chinese food after seeing that piece

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

mmmm... eeeeeeeggrooooll..

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

"my audi TT had a mandatory recall"
      You have a TT ?
      If so ...I hate you !
      J/K
      But post a pic any how....

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

yeah, i had a TT. It doesn't hold a car seat for anything. You are supposed to put it in the front seat and turn off the airbag. But at that point you need to strap the wife to your roof, and being she just had a baby she still feels fat and doesn't want everyone looking at her. So i had to sell it because it was too impractical.

(after seeing that last picture, i tore my car apart, and found i broke the stock springs, that was my last even in DS)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast