•  
    Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New adds (reddemonx92's '05 sedan)

Thanks

Re: New adds

Very cool. Do you know what type/size/lengths are for the header? Just interested to see what a custom shop is making for ya.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddemonx92
      Yes I recently found a shop to help with my custom exhaust & header, and a body shop like right next door for the custom body kit seeing as there is none for my sedan. I'm in the saving process right now however.

And thanks for the comment!
      Just out of curiosity, how much are they charging you for the custom header? I already have the custom exhaust, just looking into getting a header either from xiaogary or a custom one if it's cheaper/better...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

I'm going to do 2" pipe from header all the way back through the exhaust with a flowmaster at the end.
      I will be getting rid of the cat and the resonator.
      They body shop will be making a whole new bumper I believe. Both these shops are 5 minutes from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      Yes I recently found a shop to help with my custom exhaust & header, and a body shop like right next door for the custom body kit seeing as there is none for my sedan. I'm in the saving process right now however.

And thanks for the comment!
      Just out of curiosity, how much are they charging you for the custom header? I already have the custom exhaust, just looking into getting a header either from xiaogary or a custom one if it's cheaper/better...
      Regarding your question. I believe I am only going to pay for the pipes to be bent and for holes to be drilled in the manifold part. My dad is going to help me weld everything together. He welds all type of metals. 10 years welder so I trust his work. I believe we are going for a 4-2-1 header. The aveo has a lot of room in the engine.

Thanks

Is there something I need to know? My dad has been a welder for over 20+ years... I should ask him. Thanks for an idea! What's the difference between actually welding/buying a header or just flanging in a piece of pipe in place of the cat?

Thanks

Not really sure what the difference is but the point is to get all the pipes down into one pipe. Shouldn't be too hard for your dad either to be able to weld the pipes. I might be headin down to a junk yard to see if I can find another aveo that has the manifold still so i can get the plate that has all the holes for when i get the new plate.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Buy a gasket and use it as a template.

You'll need it anyway to bolt in the new header.

Thanks

I was thinking that too. there was something on ebay that someone was selling the whole gasket set.

Thanks

Not really sure what the difference is but the point is to get all the pipes down into one pipe. Shouldn't be too hard for your dad either to be able to weld the pipes. I might be headin down to a junk yard to see if I can find another aveo that has the manifold still so i can get the plate that has all the holes for when i get the new plate.
      Lucky you if you guys have aveos in your junk yards... our don't have them, people just part them out by themselves... gotta go through craigslist, but then the prices are very fluctuating...

Thanks

Post up what pipe diameters and lengths you plan on using. Welding it together shouldn't be too big of a deal for an experienced welder. Designing is a bit tricky though. Diameters, lengths and collector design are all pretty important. I'd be happy to help out. I have a some reference info that will help out. I've designed two headers for other cars I have had. I started making one but never finished it, and the other I never started. Heres a pic of one of them.

Thanks

very nice design seems like that would work pretty well in an aveo

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast