•  

Thread: local tint shop

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

local tint shop

this is a pic of my car at the local tint shop 1 week before it died on me (hope to get it back mon or tue)
      was $175 for all but windshield

http://www.ricksautotint.com/images/IMG_8349.JPG

n0k
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: local tint shop

Looks nice. 3M film?
      “Indecision may or may not be my problem.”

Thanks

no i think its SunTek

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

I got the 3M on mine this weekend for 190 plus tax... Came out to like 217 and change. Im no tint expert but I believe they did a bad job of it. Subtle wrinkles and I have seen a few specks below the tint and they had it for over 12hrs.... geez....

Thanks

Dude, if the screwed up your tint, take that sh*t back to them and tell them to re-do it and do it right. You paid $217 for a tint job, they had better get it right. I would be climbing all in someone's ass telling them to fix their stuff, or I am gonna stop payment on their product, or report them as frauds..
      4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012

Thanks

12 hours? dang mine was 3 hours

n0k
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Wow, 12 hours is crazy. I hope they were just busy with other cars and didn't actually spend 12 hours on it. I tinted for a living for about 7 years when I was younger. I haven't done it professionally in 10 years, and it only took me about 2.5 hours to do my Aveo.

virtualdemo -

Defects in the film can be several different things. Newer films, especially metalized films, can take some time to completely cure depending on the weather. I would give it at least 10 days. After that, if you still have bubbles (the small ones are usually dust), wrinkles, or adhesion issues, take it back to the tint shop and have 'em fix it.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Ive been giving it time. The scary thing is that they do tint for the Dealer?!?!?!?! I started to notice that where the mirror area is, when viewing straight on, there is bare glass about 1/4 inch. All the windows have some sort of defect. If I take it back they WILL make it worse. I'll wait to take it to Phoenix, AZ where they have the main store with true quality work. Plus the owner is at that location and I can request to speak with him about this. Should be by the end of this month.

And they wanted to install an alarm on my car....LMFAO Plus whether they know it or not they just lost the business of at least two major car clubs in my area and oh man can they spead the word!

n0k
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by virtualdemo
      Ive been giving it time. The scary thing is that they do tint for the Dealer?!?!?!?! I started to notice that where the mirror area is, when viewing straight on, there is bare glass about 1/4 inch. All the windows have some sort of defect. If I take it back they WILL make it worse. I'll wait to take it to Phoenix, AZ where they have the main store with true quality work. Plus the owner is at that location and I can request to speak with him about this. Should be by the end of this month.

And they wanted to install an alarm on my car....LMFAO Plus whether they know it or not they just lost the business of at least two major car clubs in my area and oh man can they spead the word!
      Hehe, not suprised that they tint for the dealer. Unless it is a HIGH END car dealer (Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) , dealerships don't care squat about giving you a quality job. They simply want the shop that will give them the cheapest price so they can make more on the markup.

If you have visible gaps, bubbles, creases, etc, take it back. Trust me, sometimes even good tinters have bad days. Don't worry about it getting worse. Most of the time when the shop knows that the customer has brought it back with problems, they will make sure to take their time and do a quality job. It only takes a few minutes to completely replace the tint on a window or two. Good luck.