•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aveo Sedan modded Phuket

Thanks

Aveo Sedan modded Phuket

Here is what my 2007 sedan has transformed into so far. Latest mods are the exhaust, SS trunklid spoiler, Carbon fiber wrap and some emblems removed on the trunk lid etc.., and some interior changes including a volt meter lol ;p. She is right hand drive, 5 speed manual and has an LPG conversion. The body kit is a mix of SS and Sporty 5 series and the wheels are Enkie 15". Yes I'm in Thailand.
      Name:  IMG_1365.JPG
Views: 14665
Size:  279.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_1380.jpg
Views: 16820
Size:  116.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1363.JPG
Views: 3026
Size:  191.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1364.JPG
Views: 3116
Size:  219.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_1392.jpg
Views: 5456
Size:  296.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1393.jpg
Views: 2980
Size:  276.2 KB

Last edited by Stormbird; 01-25-2014 at 03:08 PM.
      Triple Black 4 banger No highway patrol in the land of smiles

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Now thats a sexy aveo! please share on how you changed the shift knob with it being lift up reverse? Thanks! Looks awesome! where did you get that carpet??

What do you mean there's no turbo? sflindall26's Avatar
      Thanks
      Looks awesome!! I wish I had your body kit!!!!

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Looks good Storm, what do u mean bby SS body piece? WAs there an SS offered overseas? SBelcher u can get a Mitsu Evo shift knob as they also have a reverse lock out, personally I just bought a cheap Pilot motorsports shift knob and shaved the plastic slide from the stock set up, my spring is exposed but what the hell, its not a show car.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Well problem is i dont know how to get the stock knob off.. ive tried looking around on the forums but nothing is helping and i dont have the mechanics to take the whole thing out..

Thanks
      I'll try to answer some of your questions. Yes, in 2010 and 2011 there was an Aveo SS model for Southeast Asia. It had either the 1.4 or 1.6 ecotech, body kit, special interior, special headlights (I want) etc....but, I believe most if not all were Auto-trans lol! The side skirts and rear skirt on my car are the "sporty 05" version and not the stock SS. Just google "Aveo SS" and you will see the car. The SS may have only been available in Thailand and Singapore...not sure.

As far as the shift nob is concerned, the guy at the shop installed it but I had to pull it off and raise it a bit and put the spring back in as the dude didn't realize it has lift up reverse. It works fine but I do need to tighten the set screws weekly. (I'm pretty sure that he just pulled it off...) Oh yes, the spring is exposed but not noticeable.

The matts cost about 20 bucks lol, and I got them in the Big C parking lot from the same Burmese guys that do the carbon Fiber wrap jobs..;p

The muffler cost only 3,500 thai baht installed (about 110 dollars US) . They did a great job and even modified the rear skirt to accept the muffler tip. I must admit that the car sounds great and goes faster with this simple mod.

Those are the best photos that I have as of now, but I will post more when I get the right lighting etc....The car looks better in real life. I really like the Aveo. It's an underrated car for sure.Name:  IMG_1388.JPG
Views: 2624
Size:  248.8 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by Stormbird; 01-26-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Thanks for the clarification on the SS moniker. SBelcher, you can pop up the pleather shift boot with a flat head. Looking at the bottom of the shifter is a retaining clip with a peg like cylinder. Once again use the flat head to release the shifter, clean off the grease boil a pot of water and stick the ball in it to loosen the glue on the ball, pull hard and it should come off. I cut my shifter down to make a ghetto short shifter, and yes like stormbird I am always tightening my new shifters screws. Once it gets above sub zero nights here I plan on adding some heavy duty caulk or black window adhesive.

Thanks
      Name:  IMG_1438.JPG
Views: 5906
Size:  278.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1426.JPG
Views: 2943
Size:  227.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_1438.JPG
Views: 5906
Size:  278.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1399.JPG
Views: 3141
Size:  235.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1406.JPG
Views: 4228
Size:  289.7 KB
      Anyways, here are some more pics. Yesterday I saw an Aveo that absolutely put mine to shame but I didn't have my camera with me. It was painted semi-gloss olive drab green with black wheels, lowered and had heaps of custom body work including fender vents, quad hood scoops(well done, not silly looking bolt on type), custom grill etc...I'll keep my camera handy and look for it. By the way, the Joey modded headlights come standard on the Aveo SS and they can be ordered here and sent from Bangkok. I'm considering opening an ebay store to ship some of this stuff to USA if there is much interest but it seems that most Aveo owners can barely afford gas let alone custom bodywork.;p..but let me know. There is lots of cool stuff available here for Aveo, Fit, Yaris, corrolla Altis etc...and for Sonic.

Thanks
      By the way, if anybody has some suggestions as to what I should do to my car next feel free to add input...and if u think my car sucks let me know lol. I'm actually considering a 2 inch drop, custom grill, complete de-badge or re-badge as a Holden Barina and maybe some front fender vents and then do the hood, roof and boot-lid in Panzer Grey...;p The Chrome grille kinda bugs me...it's gotta go!!! Any suggestions?

Geo
      I'll keep it and add a turbo Geo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Nice man! Love those seats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast