•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto cross

Auto cross

Hey all,
      Well I guess I am the first post here. I race my Aveo with the Winnipeg Sports Car Club in the Autocross series. Ran and won H/Stock in 06. I am moving up to F/SS for 07. The car is lowered and tweaked. It is a blast to race. It should stay on the ground in 07. It liked to pickup it's wheels in the big corners. I actually had 1 wheel on the ground in 1 event.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      What kind of tires do you run? Oh and congrats with the autoXing. I havn't autoX'd my Aveo, but I think it would be a good car for it. Especially if it was still stock.

When I had my Lanos, I also had my Subaru Impreza, the Impreza was no longer competative in Solo 2 after adding the turbo and doing some other things... it was also too fast to be fun if that makes sense. I actually had more fun autoXing my Daewoo Lanos... Now on a real track, the Subaru was WAY better than both the Lanos and the Aveo. Though the look you get taking an Aveo and Lanos on a big track is fun.

Hey there,
      I run 205/40/17 Yokohama Paradas on the street and 185/40/14 Toyo T1R's for racing. Ya, it is a fun car to race. The mods I have done will just perk it up a bit but still be fun.
      I also have a tricked out Cavalier which is MUCH quicker than the Aveo but no where near as much fun to race. The biggest blast is when we get to do "Hot Laps" on the Gimli road race course. The little beast does alright.

What generation of cavalier? Hopefully in the 08 season i will be running a turbocharged 87 Z24 that i have been building up slowly for full out autocross racing.

Thanks
      A turbo for autocross? Most of the courses I've seen aren't set up to allow you to get on boost for any meaningful amount of time... less you wedge it back into first constantly.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

the course here doesnt allow me to get out of 2nd most times so im high in the RPMs most of the run. But then again that was with my 4 cyl Cavi before this Z24 with the V6. So im not really sure how the revs are going to compare..

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      tight, so i guess u broke the barrier for autoX i wish there could be some autox out here

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      tight, so i guess u broke the barrier for autoX i wish there could be some autox out here
      http://www.scca.org I KNOW there have to be some autoX's out there.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      meh, but not at california speedway thats like a 10 minute drive from my house, lol

Hey all,
      Had our first Auto cross event. The car was great. ALL 4 wheels stayed on the ground. I ended up moving to the F/Street Prepared class. I am going up to a 205/40/15 T1R To yo tire for a bit more grip. The R-1 brakes really make a difference. The short throw shifter was perfect. And I finishes mid pack in my class.
      I have now removed the back seat, manufactured and installed front and rear strut braces. Next is an engine torque damper.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast