Coilovers

Including Wheel and Tires

Coil over Orders:

I will order a complete kit with coil overs and have the money.
28%
I will order a complete kit with coil overs but need to save money.
28%
I will order an adaption kit (And buy my own coil overs) and have the money.
3%
I will order an adaption kit (And buy my own coil overs) but need to save money.
No votes
I am interested in coil overs but at a much later date.
17%
I am not interested in coil overs, i have lowering springs.
7%
I am not interested in coil overs, stock height is fine.
17%

Total votes: 29

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Coilovers

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue May 04, 2010 8:28 am

you will want mk2/mk3/corrado coilovers. that is @ 1986-1999 vw range (when they were still about the size and weight of our cars)

as far as price, it depends on what the suspension is, the coil overs coming in the kick will be either rokkor or racelands (same coilover, different brand names) they can be had new for about $289 shipped. these are just height adjustable but are considers good for the price, and as good as most cup kits out there.

then your options go all the way up to kw v3.. which are money.

the rest of my phase converter is coming today. house and garage are wired and waiting. mill is sitting waiting for power/tuneup.

today is my last day of school, i have the first set of spindles sitting on the porch waiting to go. should be ready to be starting test fits within the week, once i am happy with the product, i will be replicating it for everyone else.

byron84

Postby byron84 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Damn, rabbit, you are awesome.

I don't have the money right right now but I would definitely be interested when I do, I presume they will fit on an 04. What do you think the total cost would be to have that shipped up to Montreal?

I am anxious to see this in action...

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue May 04, 2010 9:06 pm

the complete kit is still on the $600 mark, shipping to canada isnt terrible. but duties might get you.

i will look into options for getting you guys coilovers within your borders to save further.

XJCasper

Postby XJCasper » Wed May 05, 2010 2:29 am

My brother is flaking on the bags, so, I am in. In a month or two.

Have to order a body kit tomorrow

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Wed May 05, 2010 2:51 am

i will have the money :D

besides my firearm purchase, this is next on my list
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

XJCasper

Postby XJCasper » Wed May 05, 2010 4:54 am

thehunterooo wrote:besides my firearm purchase,

I have already checked that one off of the list.

byron84

Postby byron84 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:14 am

I understand there will be more costs because of shipping and duties, but this is to be expected. I thought coilovers were typically in the $1200+ range, so $600 + shipping and duties fees sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Is it normal that it tells me that my post needs to be "approved" before it can show up? Is this just cause my acct is new?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 am

well that is why i am setting up the coilovers myself, i am not in it for the money, even though most people dont believe that.

For a car that cost @10k new, there is no need to pay 1/10 or more of the purchase price for coilovers unless you driver wants and needs that adjustability, Even so, that does not mean they have adjustability, or are that much better for that price. BELIEVE me wheni say i am not knocking better coilovers, they are worth every penny. But a cheaper option needs to be out there.

And you wont see that message anymore, it is a spam prevention measure. I set this forum up to keep it from ending up like the last one but with little work on our end. Approving your first 3 posts if easier than letting you post away and having to delete all of them should you be a spammer..

byron84

Postby byron84 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:45 am

Oh it's just the first few posts, that's good then.

Even if I did pay 1/10 the price of the car, the car is cheap and so is 1/10 the price of the car. I don't think it's worth it for those who will not keep the car for a long time though. In my case, I plan to keep it long term and get the most out of it.

The price range you're talking about makes it a realistic choice for me.

I want to make sure I get significantly improved handling that will remain so for a long time.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed May 05, 2010 11:49 am

compared to what is out there for the aveo i think you will be please.

best part of this kit is if you run them until the shocks wear out, replace is readily available. And upgrades beyond what i have are already out there, so if you wanted $1800 kw v3 for your car you can have them..

the only things i have not tested or accounted for are placements of remote tanks on the shock.

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”